• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from Vancouver, BC

Roebuck

Hi everyone,

I kind of stumbled in here by accident a few days ago and I've been hooked ever since.

My roundabout way in here was that I originally was going to do a simple truck and truck camper combo to go discover North America (or beyond?) in. Then I discovered expedition RV's and that had me hooked for months but, the cost of several hundred thousand dollars for those made me say yikes!!!

So, the idea came to me about getting an M35 and just mounting an older travel trailer or fifth wheel in the bed as going that route would be far cheaper. So long story short that is why I am here to build an M35 based expedition RV. I know nothing at all about them apart from my father telling be he used to ride around in them back in the 60/70's when he was in the service but I'm sure that I could learn all I ever wanted to know here and more as everyone seems very knowledgeable!

Anyways, that is my little introductory ramble, thanks for reading it and I hope to spend quite a bit of time in here. If you have any info or links please feel free to send them my way.

Thanks,
Roebuck

(side note: I have seen on some ebay auctions and the like that they cannot legally import a M35 into Canada and I have seen some dealers that say they can. Any insight on this?)

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard. Use the search function to look for expedition threads or camper builds or trailer camper builds. It depends on the truck as to whether it can go to Canada or not. We just had a member buy a 900 series down here and drive it home. He crossed the border yesterday.

Good luck and if you travel the states let us know and I'm sure people along the way will offer support if you need it.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You got lucky stumbling in here by accident, I was forced onto the SS site after some guy made me buy his M1010. Good to see another West coast resident on board. You have some brothers out there so be sure to meet with the local MVPA. http://www.westerncommand.com/

IF I was an exporter in the US with a truck I'd be jumping in right now and taking the opportunity to sell you a unit. If that doesn't happen soon enough we'll send you to Seano11 and I'm sure he'd walk you through the process.

Here's a one minute video of a few expedition vehicles wheeling on the Alaska Highway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy4U7K8itnY

Welcome aboard!!

Stan Leschert

We will be taking the M135 and an M37 out for a toy drive tomorrow in North Vancouver.
If you are near the Royal Canadian Legion (123 West 15th St. North Vancouver) around 2 PM, you can meet a couple of us.

PM me your phone # and we can try to hook up.

There are 2 active clubs in the area.

We can chat over a pint, after my crew deliver some toys!

Last edited:

Roebuck

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one in the area who has an interest in these vehicles. I was concerned that I would be the only one in the area and if I got in any mechanical or technical trouble with it I would be stuck but apparently that is not the case at all.

m1010plowboy thanks for that link, I have been checking it out and it looks really interesting, I may just have to join up. Stan Leschert, thanks so much for the invite but unfortunately I have a Christmas lunch/party in Richmond starting at 1 PM tomorrow or I would have for sure come by and met up with everyone. I will PM you my number and hopefully we can meet up sometime soon.

I really like how friendly everyone is here, it is a really nice change from a number of message boards I have been on in the past.

Last edited:

Stan Leschert

Call me on a weekend, I'll drag you up to the compound, see the trucks, sink a pint....
I think that I can answer a few of your questions.

Some things are best done in the mess, and not on a forum.
Wouldn't want everyone to know!

Roebuck

I will be sure to do that! Its really nice of you and I appreciate it and look forward to it so thanks.

I agree somethings are best left to the mess ;)

I will PM you my new number as soon as I get it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks