• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new from western ma

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There is another valve behind the bumper also it's a service brake quick release valve. It can be cleaned sometimes they get stuck.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try spraying a bunch of WD40 into the leaking line, hook a air line and blow the fluid back into the system, any stuck valves should free up! May just be a stuck valve! Seems to happen a lot!

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Im not feeling spraying oil into the air system. There are several components with plastic diaphragm valves that are prone to cracking. I would take off the check valve behind the bumper that was previously pictured and clean that first.

Feal318000

I did clean the three check valves behind the bumper on the drivers side, they looked new to me, and the flappers inside were still plyable with no tears. I appreciate all the pointers from everyone!!! I'm wondering if I replace the check valve all together with a new one, if that would cure the leak.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Does it leak when you are not stepping on the pedal? Service brake system really only gets air when the pedal is pressed. If its leaking out of the passenger side front gladhand that could be the pictured check valve. Or the tractor valve. This should probably be moved to the lmtv forum you would get more input there.

AZK9

Hope you solve your leak problem! Looks like you're on the path to getting things right!

Good luck and welcome from Arizona! [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks