• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from Western Oklahoma

Stranger

Greetings from western Oklahoma.

I am looking at purchasing an M35A2 to use as a parade truck for our Cub Scout Pack and Boy Scout Troop.

Last week I test drove a 1970 AM General with a White engine (non-turbo) and couldn't stop smiling. Awesome! Look forward to more time behind the wheel.

I would like some information on safely and legally driving a titled, but unregistered/untagged, deuce and a half home from another state. Driving across country with no tag on the vehicle sounds like asking for trouble. I tried to search but came up empty. Help!

Welcome from Pa. I know the answer to your question. You are going to need a tow truck or have the current owner drive it to your house then do the title transfer and registration.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello and welcome from southeastern Indiana. My first call would be to the Oklahoma BMV to see if I could get a temporary tag to put on the truck for the transport if I were in your place.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Texas allows FMV (former military vehicles) to have numbers painted on bumper in lieu of plates. I'm not sure a out OK.

I drove mine from OKC(Tinker AFB) to Texas with no issues. Passed several PD with no issues. Note, I had insurance and one trip registration to show if they did pull me over, so I was legal.

I had a blast driving mine in parades and to my dad's army reunion, but my 5 ton is more comfortable.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Texas allows FMV (former military vehicles) to have numbers painted on bumper in lieu of plates. I'm not sure a out OK.

I drove mine from OKC(Tinker AFB) to Texas with no issues. Passed several PD with no issues. Note, I had insurance and one trip registration to show if they did pull me over, so I was legal.

I had a blast driving mine in parades and to my dad's army reunion, but my 5 ton is more comfortable.
OK does allow it. You buy the regular tag and then pay more to not use the tag. Payable each year.

With a Bill-of-Sale/Title and insurance it shouldn't be a problem driving it home. Just have your paperwork in order if anyone asks.

Last edited:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greetings from western Oklahoma.

I am looking at purchasing an M35A2 to use as a parade truck for our Cub Scout Pack and Boy Scout Troop.

Last week I test drove a 1970 AM General with a White engine (non-turbo) and couldn't stop smiling. Awesome! Look forward to more time behind the wheel.

I would like some information on safely and legally driving a titled, but unregistered/untagged, deuce and a half home from another state. Driving across country with no tag on the vehicle sounds like asking for trouble. I tried to search but came up empty. Help!
The California DMV will issue a ferry permit in certain situations. As Kblazer87 said check with the Oklahoma DMV. I'm sure they have something similar.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks