• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from WI...

martindc1

Greetings, I am a long time lurker of this site and decided a while back to finally create an account. I recently moved to La Crosse, WI from Ohio. I'm hoping to get either a M1009 or M1008/1028 sometime in the not-so-distant future and I enjoy reading the posts on this site for research and such. Currently I don't have a project vehicle, I thinned the herd down before moving, but I used to have a 67 Chevy K20 and then an 87 Chevy V10(aka K10).

I've always been interested in the CUCV's. Now that I have a full stable of kids and dogs it seems a M1009 would be more appropriate. I believe my ultimate goal would be to get a M1009 and get it road-worthy to be my daily driver and a weekend expedition/camping/hunting rig.

I had my 67 K20 to that point, but last spring a youngster pulled out in front of me and put an end to the 67. Luckily everybody was able to walk away from the crash.

I really like this site though and have been spending a lot of time on it here lately.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SS. (I'm origionally from Galesville, about 25 miles north of you).

martindc1

Thanks, yes I've heard of Galesville, but I'm still getting to know the lay of the land up here. I believe I have been through the town on my travels, as I work in Buffalo and Trempealeau Counties.

Edit: Yes, just checked the map, I've been through Galesville many times on my travels. Its a nice town.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site. My family enjoyed LaX for many years. We had a boat in the municipal marina, that we sold this summer, and we still have many friends there. McCoy is close to you, but be careful buying a CUCV around here. I would look for something that lived down south.