• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from Willis, TX

WD5CFJ

Hello all! I finally bought my first M35A2. Now the fun begins. Currious about who all else may be located not too far from me in Willis, TX. My long term goal is to find a S-280 or similar Radio Shelter to put on the back of it. I previously have restored a AN/GRC26 and ALL of the equipment inside as well as the PE-15 generator but never could obtain a truck so all of that is now in a museum somewhere in NY and I am seeking another shelter.

Also would like to know how many of you guys are Amateur Radio Operators.

I have been doing much reading in the forums so as to not ask too many newbie questions but have a few as I have no point of reference with the truck. I think the engine is fine (meaning has no issues but feels a bit weak), transmission is wore out but have a replacement on order, etc. Mechanical aspects aer not so difficult for me but the repainting I will need help with.

Enough rambling.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Regards,

Larry

Attachments

pvtjorge

I can sympathize with you shootiniron.

Larry, the BMMP, houston area MV club participates in a parade in Tomball every year if the weather permits. Thats not far from you..
I didn't make it this year because it was raining.

Last edited:

reloader64

Larry, welcome to the site. I confess that I don't know exactly where Willis is, but there are a bunch of us in the greater Austin area. Look up lonestar-mvpa.org for our club. We would love to have you come to a meeting. There are also chapters in San Antonio, and Houston.

Scott

WD5CFJ

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome.

Chevytruck, I have amassed so many manuals now, I have read the two you recomend already, comitted to memory, well mostly.

Reloader 64 Willis is 48 miles north of Houston, south of Huntsville, west of Cut-N-Shoot and east of Navasota and thanks for the info on Lonestar MVPA I will check them out.

Pvtjorge, maybe I can be ready for next year, at least mechanically.

Shootiniron, Ultimately I want to be in Ft Davis, Alpine or somewhere closer that way.

Thanks Barrman, 100 miles is not too far for a visit.

AceHigh, thanks checked out the threads on Ham Radio.

91W350, Thanks. It has its problems but I am already scroungin parts. Found the C&C Equipment guy in Indiana to have many parts available.

I think the hardest thing is going to be to find a Shelter for the back, atleast one I can afford.

Regards All,

Larry

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks