• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New gal in Central New York

LanceRobson

Hi, Angie

I'm glad to see that you finally registered. You've been looking at the site and talking about the folks and the info for years.

I'm going to try to clear a little more of my schedule tomorrow so I can come over early. I want to clean what little oil spots etc there are in the DUKW's hull before the engine goes back in. It will make any future leaks easier to track down.

By the way, I really like the lifting eyes George Dewitt fabricated for the engine when he rebuilt it. They will make getting it in and out a lot easier. If the engine runs as good as it looks right now it'll be a long time before it comes out again though.

See you tomorrow.

And for all you folks who claim dibs or want to be adopted, I tried that years ago and was told to "go to the end of the line"

Lance

P S for dhwife- Amy, your the one who pushed Angie over the edge.... she wanted to see your pics of me dealing with my slipping clutch on the way to Gilbert and couldn't see the pics without registering. Thanks

P P S Alright guys, I normally hate to stop for pics while working but we'll keep a camera handy and maybe Angie will start a thread on installing the engine and the subsequent test drive and swim.

Last edited:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
welcome! There are a couple MV meets that i would like to attend, like rousch creek near fort indiantown gap, i think i might check that out next month. Im still kind of new at this hobby and its neat because everybody is nice to deal with and there is always something to learn about these green animals. again, welcome and good to see you have a good collection of toys. Like i say, its cheaper than a shrink!

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometimes I think the green on this site is from MV envy and the green is flowing really thick now. Maybe you shouldn't include some pics - a lot of keyboards would probably short out and the SS site would get too quiet.
:drool::drool::drool::drool::not worthy:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks