• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Gamma owner. Hello from Poland.

Gabinett

Hello,
Just got a Gamma Goat for Xmass. After 2 months It's nice and running.
Got some small problems like missing front left propeler shaft and tile gate :-?

Gabinett

Gabinett

theIMG_2068.jpgIMG_2081.jpgIMG_2079.jpgIMG_2289.jpgIMG_2076.jpg

Not the best photos but the only I got
I already managed to get the shaft from US, still need to find gate.
There is something wrong with 1st gear, it jumps out so I have to start from 2nd.

dmetalmiki

Wow, nice goat. Have a 'belated' welcome to the site hobby and (More) friendships to come. We have people from your neck of the woods coming by quite a lot. I will see if I can dig up some parts for you. (And delivery) will not be a problem if i find them as the same guys truck back and forth all the time to Poland.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am glad you decided to post up a thread showing the progress you have made on your goat. You have a very nice rig there. She looks great. And now you have a new local friend in dmetalmiki. I look forward to following your progress.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great thanks a lot. Most needed is the back gate. without is I can not swim :)
Remember, with the Goat, it is best to add about 20 cm of additional side in the driving compartment between the windshield and the motor to reduce the amount of water that comes in there. And when you take it into the water: 1. Make sure all the access plates are secured. 2. Turn on the bilge pumps on high. 3. Make sure the water is smooth - no waves. 4. Attach a recovery cable to the pintle hitch in the back. 5. Drive into the water slowly on a gentle slope so you can tell when each set of wheels is free from solid ground. Then use the cable to haul it out of the water when it sinks anyway!

dmetalmiki

Great thanks a lot. Most needed is the back gate. without is I can not swim :)
YOU can swim just fine (without the gate). just the goat will sink!, and we have found some drive shafts and will be checking their condition at the weekend. Checking on a gate for you also.

Gabinett

Thanks a lot dmetalmiki. I got the drive shaft imported from US, cost me a fortune, but if you can help with the gate it would be great. I found gates in Holland but at 350EUR plus transport.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you mean along the vehicle?
Yes. The board needs to be custom fitted to raise the side opening between the windshield and the engine compartment on both the driver's side and the passenger/assistant driver's side. We would use a 2 x 10 about five feet long (metric equivalent 4 cm x 25 cm, four meters long), cutting the board so that it would be close to the original contour and held on by metal brackets. The top of the board would then be level with the ground. There is no need to seal the bottom edges, so it can be taken off easily when you are not planning on going into the water. Here is a very rough sketch.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks