• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Gauges for MEP-80Xa

mingram

All, Not sure if anyone is looking but Faria Euro gauges work as a replacement for the Beede gauges used for temp, oil pressure and fuel. Here is where I ordered them from: http://www.boatersland.com/faria-euro.html buT other places have them. They need a 100 ohm 1 watt resistor on the I connection and the Temp needs a 20 Ohm 1 watt resistor on the S connector.hope this is helpful.

Last edited:

Chrispyny

Are those resistors causing any heat build up? I'd be very weary of adding resistors. I'm glad you got it to work for you. Just an FYI, Delks Surplus can sell you factory guages for surplus prices. The customer service is very good. A fine southern gentleman helped me out.
Also, saturn something also. There are a few places to get factory replacement guages which require no mods to work.

But in case those dry up, your info is certainly helpful. :)

mingram

Chrispny,
I actually called the beede support line to get replacements, and the customer support team told me Beede was bought by Faria and he looked up the replacement parts. the only difference was the 24 vs 12 volts and the temp sensor needed a resistor to get the same reading. They are newly installed so have not noticed the any temp issues will be running it later so will confirm if it is an issue. The extra wire from the I to the light is to power the light for each gauge by the way.
m

Jimc

Josh, you can just send me a pm or i have them on ebay as well. I only have hz meters. The volt/amp gauges are all gone

ted50

Here are all three of Jimc's gauges installed. They work great, only missing a screw each which I will get. I wired them to K1 rather than the main L1 L3 lugs. Thanks JimIMG_0677.jpg

Jimc

Here are all three of Jimc's gauges installed. They work great, only missing a screw each which I will get. I wired them to K1 rather than the main L1 L3 lugs. Thanks JimView attachment 656359

GREAT! sorry about shorting you the couple screws. mind fart i guess. lol. i know other guys have installed them in the 800 series before but i have never actually seen them in one before. thanks for posting

mingram

Can you show your wiring photo for the K1 wiring?
I left the original gauge as it showed % load vs volt and amperage which is already tracked. But was thinking of getting a load digital feedback to test

ted50

Unfortunately my final photos didn't turn out and the cover is siliconed back on. I do have photos I took showing it temporarily connected and before connecting the red power wires. I connected the red power wires with ring terminals to the K1 L1 and L3 output. The black wire was connected to the neutral terminal on the bottom of the AC reconnection switch. If you want the gauges working all the time connect to the input terminals. There is a handy hole on the top left of the voltage regulator to access K1. I will send the photos I have.

TedIMG_0668.jpgIMG_0673.jpgIMG_0674.jpgIMG_0675.jpgIMG_0677.jpg

mingram

Thanks Ted, I had to do the same just filed it down to make it fit.

On the wiring, I left the amp and voltage wiring as is from the original gauge. It works fine. But I like the K1 feed for the load rather than running the wiring all the way down to the lugs for the load. If I replace the load gauge I will look to do that.
Thanks again for the pictures.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks