• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new glow plug will not start

rbesaw

i have a 1984 p/u just put new glow plugs in and it still won't start. also the guy i bought it from only has one altenator hooked up, should i have both working?

FatBuddhaBoo

What else have you done to it? I'm assuming it's turning over, yes? Are you sure the glow plugs are getting power? Is the glow plug relay clicking? Has anything been modified electrically to the system?

These are just a few of the things you should be asking yourself, as the problem is most likely then not the glow plugs. My M1009 had starting issues when I bought it, and through various threads on here I was able to diagnose my problems and get it running. Now I drive it everyday. Start with the sticky threads and go from there.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How are the batteries wired? Could it be that the truck has been converted to 12v?

Triple C

We could use some more background. When was the truck running last? How long have you had it and what have you done to it? Have you checked to make sure it is getting fuel to the cylinders? Put a test light probe on the glow plug and the clip in the glow plug wire and see how long it is energized when you turn on the key. Running on straight diesel?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks