• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Green Iron Owner...5 ton is home

Capt.Marion

Nice truck. With that truck, you're gonna want to stick with the stock size tire (not necessarily stock-type NDTs tires) as there ain't any power to spare with these trucks, especially on any sort of a grade.

Look forward to seeing your progress with it. Remember, start off slow and away from anything of value, when you first drive it. Take your time and get used to the feel of the truck's size and it's engine and transmission.

Driver523

If I may----Vietnam colors looked great, with the 8th groups yellow nose and the yellow headlights no 5 ton ever looked better in service------the truck you got looks great, your not that far away--maybe one of these days I'll get a better look at the ole girl----congrats on a great choice of trucks----Maybe I missed it but is it a Mack or Multi?----------Driver

Attachments

pcblakeley

I do like the Vietnam colors! They are killer, imagine that thing cruising down the road and as it passes you notice the quad 50's in the back....that would have been a sight!

Michigan huh, looks like we have quite a few folks up here that share our same intrests. A quick search on Craigslist has at least 5 Dueces....thats where I found my truck.

Thanks for the comments, I am getting the tire fixed tomorrow and today I dropped the generator off at a local repair shop for an estimate on rebuilding....hopefully it is under 100 bucks.

Green_gator

If you are planning on sandblasting all I can say is buy LOTS of sand. I went through two bags (100 lbs) of sand just blasting the fuel tank. Granted they put some Sand colored CARC on my truck in a layer that is amazingly thick. Nice looking vehicle for the start of a project.

pcblakeley

I live at 32 Mile and 94, most people have no clue when I use the town name....So I stick to Detroit....internationally recognized......then they ask me if I have armored windows to drive downtown!

pcblakeley

Combat locks...the passenger door is broken and wont open from the outside....guess that is Detroit proof...might pay off one day, unwanted passengers are never fun.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks