• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy fm PA

PA GasPasser

Hi all!

Another new guy here. I'm still searching for my first milsurp ride, which is how I found this site. I have a maintenance background (still do kinda--just not on vehicles) so I have some idea of what I'm getting into. I'm leaning toward an M35A? since I friends with more experience in that area than I. I'm thinking about heading to Aberdeen this week to look around and ask a few questions.

HAWKMAN

Your welcome to stop by my sight and chat..I'll be in yellow..K-9 K-10 I'd be glad to answer any questions on CUCV,(if you have any:lol:)...see you there!

DeucesWild11

Don't know where you are in PA but Kublos Surplus is up near Binghampton.. He's got a whole bunch of trucks on his lot. There are plenty of other great surplus guys around. Check out the classifieds here too! Good luck!:beer:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
1. Deuces are totally awesome and neato. You should buy one. Maybe 2.

2. A good plan would be to first download the operator's manual and read it. Then find a local SS member who has a deuce and get him to give you some seat time.

3. It won't stop with a deuce. Then it will be a mule, Jeeps, etc.

4. Welcome!

joshs1ofakindxj

Where in PA are you?

There are several deuce owners in the Pittsburgh area.

I'll be at Aberdeen too.

I know of a clean truck for sale in the Pittsburgh area (not mine).

mutt1966

Welcome aboard Iam in Allentown PA were ya located, the Keystone State is kind of large you have to get a little more specific in your location, hope ta see ya at Aberdeen. Scott O&O

PA GasPasser

Thanks for the welcomes and tips! I have to look but I think I might some of the e-TMs laying around somewhere.

My location my be vague, this is the first forum where they aren't. But, let's just say if I didn't bleed Army ACU--it'd be Blue & White!! I have had seat time in an M35(A2), but more in a track (577) or HUMVEE. I was signed for 3 dueces at one time---and the 3 shop vans full of tools that went with them. However, since going over to "The Dark Side" as one NCO put it, I've found out they don't let officers drive much--especially us medical types! :shock: Of course that in no way implies I'd turn the offer to drive one again (til I get my own) should someone offer! :smile:

Srjeeper

Welcome...there's lots goin on in the Keystone State over the next few weeks and months, so keep an eye on the Coming Events section...even shows where your likely to find what your lookin for..[thumbzup]

PA GasPasser

Welcome...there's lots goin on in the Keystone State over the next few weeks and months, so keep an eye on the Coming Events section...even shows where your likely to find what your lookin for..[thumbzup]
I haven't played with this site enough to put multiple quotes into one reply. But Thanks! for the heads up. I'm going to keep an eye out. Hopefully they're not too far into the future. Gonna miss some of the summer--US Govt trip coming up if ya know what I mean.

Franc Tireur

Welcome aboard! I just joined a couple weeks ago and won an auction for a M35A3 on Friday. My first vehicle and am waiting for my EUC to clear. I'm outside Philly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks