• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from Annapolis, MD

The Pawnbroker

Hello everyone. A bit of background on how I ended up a member here. About 3 or so years ago, I was poking around the internet late one night when I came across the Govliquidation auction site. And I thought "Wow", I've always loved K5 Blazers and I'm also a diesel nut so why not get one? And I did. At that time it seemed like there was an unlimited supply of them being auctioned off from Ft. Meade. After I won mine I picked it up and drove it home and drove it around for a bit. Then I got busy and parked it for the next three years. I finally got the time to really have some fun with it. I put two new batteries in it and it started on the first click and ran great. So over the last few weeks myself and a friend of mine have been doing little repairs and upgrades here and there. I plan to drive it quite a bit from now on and use it as my towed vehicle (aka toad) when I head out in my RV. That way when I set up my RV for camping, I'll have something to drive around in. I will have plenty of questions and would be interested in any gatherings that take place also.

Thanks,

Dave in Annapolis, MD

Blueduce

Welcome, The CUCV is one of the most popular vehicles on this site. You shouldn't have any problems getting any help or ideas around here.

DieselBob

Welcome to the group from another citizen of the Peoples Republic of Maryland. There is a monthly get-to-gather breakfast on the second Saturday at Bob Evans Restaurant located on Liberty Rd (Rt 26) just West of Sykesville Rd (Rt 32) - 1211 Liberty Road Eldersburg,that m816 someday coordinates.

F18hornetM

Welcome from another Marylander. Tons of info here and links to all the TM's you'll ever need. Search works pretty good too and if you cant find it here try google and usually will take you right back here.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Welcome neibor..
30 mins south from you, stop by sometime, love to show you around the collection, depot..
Kevin..
ps, If you have any K5 problems, me or by friend Shawn in Annapolis can help you out with parts, or connections for parts...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks