• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from Austin Tx

dieck

Hello!

My name is Heath and I have a problem. Most products sold in America today are designed to impress but falls short on delivery. I love over engineered, under marketed elegantly simple tools. Which is probably why I'm drawn to military vehicles. No carpet, chrome, spoilers, nonfunctional hood scoops, or poser SUV's than have 6 inches of ground clearance here. No Sir! Give me a deuce!

Have been lurking for a bit. Now in discussions with the hundred dollar man on a deuce or 5ton. Also shopping locally.

I look forward to being a part of this community.

Also curious if anyone in central texas has been known to build a quality bobber?

Regards,

Heath

TexAndy

Welcome to the party!

I have a surfeit of deuces and am looking to sell one. I'm about 3 hours south of Austin.

Also, there's an excellent MVPA chapter in Austin. Their biggest event is coming up soon (Vet's day parade Nov 11). Several of their members are on this board.

91W350

Hello from Kansas! I have never been to the Houston or Austin areas of that huge chunk of land we call Texas. Been across the northern half a few times and messed around in the western part of the state on a couple of road trips. I always told myself I was going to go down there, maybe my 5 ton will be from that area and I can take the long road home. Welcome to the forums. Glen

Barrman

A&M '90 here. Whoop!

Sermis in Temple has built a nice bobbed truck for himself that he might consider selling. he also has a nice 395 tired truck that you could probably talk him out of. Send him a PM.

Wehring builds them to sell as well. I have seen both their work and it is good. Justin is outside of Houston. PM Justin, he will fix you up.

Pistolnut in Caldwell is thinking about selling his all stock M35 Whistler. Send him a PM and see what he wants for it.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome! And has been said, check out the Lonestar MVPA. Meetings are the 3rd Wed of the month at the Camp Mabry Museum. Next meeting is on the 20th.

If you're just jonesing to crawl on a deuce we're having the 2nd Annual FILL THE DEUCE Food Drive for Operation Homefront this Saturday at the WalMart 1604/Hwy 281 in San Antonio. My truck will be there from 10-4 and hopefully be overflowing with food.

MC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks