• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from California

Haasino

Greetings,

Just wanna take a moment to say hello and introduce myself. I'm a SF Bay Area native who's currently living in Sacramento and working for a company based out of Southern California... so I get around! I joined this forum because my company recently signed a contract to take delivery of a US Navy surplus M1044 HMMWV, and I've been designated "Humvee Wrangler" and put in charge of general maintenance and upkeep... which is gonna be interesting since I come from a law enforcement background, not military, and my Humvee knowledge is pretty much limited to what I've read in the operator's manual and on forums like these!

Cheers.

- Haasino

Haasino

what company get sthe contract for that? you working on a new prototype or something?
It's a research and development firm I work under contract for... they do everything from software design, to custom vehicle modifications, to weapons and electronic systems.. My bosses wanted a vehicle platform with military applications and the ability to mount heavy duty electronics and weapons systems... I replied, "how 'bout a Humvee?"

Cool, now what are you going to do with it?
Short-term... possibly rent it out for motion picture use since the vehicle will be located in LA and it's gonna be 6-8 months at the earliest before my company is ready to start modifying it. One of the guys in the company has connections with Independent Studio Services, Army Trucks, Inc., and the USC Film School.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks