• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from Canada

point

Hi guys. Love the site. Lots of data here and I hope to pick peoples brains for info.
I picked up my first m37 (Canadian) and have started stripping her down. I used to drive them when I was in the Army and have wanted one for years. So now starts the fun

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great big Holiday welcome from Sunny Alberta. You've got a big support network out there on the West coast with the likes of Western Command.....and Stan up in North Vancouver.

One of my best MV rides was in a M37 touring the trails on the farm. Very capable truck so I know you'll enjoy the ride.

point

Thanks for all the welcomes. I will get some pics up soon. As usual, I stared work without the "before photos.
The body and frame were blasted and painted several years ago, then left in a field for who knows how long. The truck box was blasted and left unpainted so, sitting in the rainy west coast it is in pretty rough shape. Most of fuel system is toast. The lines were full of corrosion, the fuel tank had water in it along with rust and the sending unit looks like a big barnacle. She runs nice with a line to a jerry can and gravity feed. So that is a start.
I sand blasted and painted the rims and installed new as issued tires. The axles all have a random mix of left and right hand thread studs. Now who the heck and why somebody would do that is beyond me. But that's the hobby.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks