• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from central Illinois

troop2865

I used to work for the Illinois State Police. I worked in Rockford for several years, then I worked at the Academy for 7 years and worked investigations (government corruption - plenty of that in Illinois) for about 4 years. I finished in District 18 my last few years.

Litchfield is home, although I used to say I would never come back. Funny how having kids changes things. Did not want to raise them in a big town.

Did you buy your truck from government auction? Looks nice from the avatar.

BillIdaho

Welcome! I'm a former Metamora (right outside of Peoria) resident. I still have family there, and visit about once a year. Every trip I make, I always look around for anything OD, as I really didn't get the OD bite until after I moved to Idaho.
Then I turns out a fellow SS member lives literally right next door to my niece, outside of Metamora. Small world, indeed.

troop2865

I would love to live out that way. My brother lives in Spokane, so I have been to Cor de lane (sp?) Idaho several times. I was just through there this past Easter weekend. It's a long drive.

Biggles

Welcome, It's a shame you have to start with a smaller truck but at least you get to start! I wish I'd realized you were parting out a CUCV I woulda hopped on that as close as you are.

saddamsnightmare

December 23rd, 2010.

Troop 2865:

Here's to you from Springfield with an unusual pair of vehicles on my part. I hope to run into more of the Springfield area fellows though most have been laying low of late, I guess Christmas has them busy. If you're up here on a weekend, check out the Lincoln Home NHS, my Unimog's usually in the immediate area!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY STEEL SOLDIERS FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!:beer:

troop2865

It has been a while since I last posted on progress. I have not had much time to work on it due to going back to work more than full time and......I have the CUCV axles under the truck after complete tear down and cleaning and painting. I purchased some 42 inch Goodyear MTR's and new wheels. I have also done some engine work.

Next is to remove the body and start work at a friends shop where he has a paint booth. Hopefully the red will be gone soon for MV color. Still not sure on what shade. Here are some pictures of the slow progress:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks