• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from central Indiana

STFarms

Hello all thought I would introduce myself. Name is Chris and I am from Anderson/Markleville area. I am new to all this but interested in getting a 5 ton. I have trolled the site a while and between not being able to see pics and hoping to buy on soon figure I should get sighned up. Allways been a little interested in them then about a year ago told the other half I wanted one. She looked at the pic and laughed and said thats fine as long as you can get all of us to fit. (Me, her,4 kids) Jokingly I googled 5ton crew cab thinking there would be a photoshop or something to my surprise found there quite few of them. At this point she had allready negotiated so holding her to it. I have no problem fabricating and doing body work. Hoping the cab is steel instead aluminum as that pose little more work for me. Looks to be a pretty good board look forward maybe meeting few of ya and getting a 5ton.

dmetalmiki

OK welcome to the site and the hobby. Download the T.Ms applicable to your chosen vehicle, and read up on maintanance and servicing. Then try to locate a S.S. Member near to you to get aquainted with and perhaps handle one. Good luck.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard! Lots of good people here, lots of information available too. Many subjects have already been discussed, so try a little searching. Hope you and family enjoy and stay safe!!

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome neighbor if you want to travel to the New Palestine area one afternoon I will take you for a ride in the 925 and maybe let you behind the wheel.

Dave

BiffJ

Just blasted through Markleville this afternoon on the way to indy. There are a few vehicles not too far off, augdog1964 is a bit east of you near richmond and has a few trucks and some tanks. I've seen a few trucks on the east side of Muncie....a friend owns at least one of them. I see a few from the air when flying around to turn gasoline in to noise. There are a lot of trucks that come out of indy at the holt road location of GL. Its pretty handy to be able to go look in person.
Probably not much going to happen around this area til the temps get back on the positive side....its been **** cold hasn't it.

welcome to the group
Frank

STFarms

Thanks for all the welcomes. Yes the weather has been freezing and worse part I'm pulling motor and swapping motors in my rover. After about 30 min my toes and fingers are numb. Hoping get outdoor burner built this summer so I can have warm shop next winter. Hoping to be able to have luck bidding a tractor out of indy but alot time my luck stinks. Still have fingers crossed.

Shirehorse

Welcome from Evansville! Can never go wrong being a 5 ton. Visit the Indiana MVPA website for info on registering your 5 ton. Also, review IC 9-18-14 for IN registration law concerning FMVs.

And again, welcome! If you're ever down this way, gimmie a holler.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks