• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from Colorado Springs

PSturg66

Hello all my name is Paul. I am US Army retired. I am picking up a 6.2l from a Hummv soon I plan on going over the engine, doing the usual 24 to 12v conversion then dropping it into my 84 Gmc Sierra Classic. The truck has a 6.2l in it, but its tired. I hope this will qualify me to remain on the site. Anyway, I am glad to be here, looking forward to learning and teaching.

Attachments

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome.

You just need an interest in MVs to hang out here.

Last edited:

PSturg66

Thx for the welcome, Warthog. I happen to be a contracted wheeled vehicle mechanic at Ft Carson. Its amazing, I have subscribed to at least 4 other diesel/truck forums, have yet to rcv a reply to an introduction. Within 2 minutes of my intro thread here, I get a response. I like this place already

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like you'll fit right in here.

Welcome to SS

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Paul,
Welcome from Kentucky, to really fit in you'll have to paint your truck green, then it gets additive.
JC

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many of the members here are former/current military, some of us didn't have the pleasure to serve. Thank you for your service.

Be sure to download the FREE technical manuals.

The manual for the 6.2L/6.5L NA engine is http://test.steelsoldiers.com/upload/CUCV/TM9-2815-237-34.pdf

The CUCV manuals are here:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?77609-TM-s-for-the-CUCV

Also there are many, many more. Just click the Technical Manuals button at the top of the page. If you find any that we are missing, let us know and we will add them to the library.

Last edited:

PSturg66

Thx all, Glen, good talking to you today. We will get your issue figured out, I promise ya. JC, I am actually from Ky, London, to be exact.

Thx Warthog, I also have an extensive library of TM and diagnostic equipment. I will help out where I can.

Last edited:

MarcusOReallyus

Yeah, that got close. I keep in touch with a friend I made there when I served at Ft. Cartoon. He was evacuated, but didn't lose anything.

So, welcome! :beer:

Say, are the barracks that were new in the '70s still there? They were a light tan brick buildings. How about the old red brick barracks?

PSturg66

Well, I know that a few years back they did alot of renovations to some of the barracks, they are all brick now. They have also built new motor pools and brigade complexes. Out by Butts AAF, they put in alot of barrack, built a shoppette too.

PSturg66

Thank you for your service. We need to talk. I just picked up a M923a2 a month ago from Nellis AFB and have some questions on the CTIS.I will send a pm. I think with your knowledge, you will be very helpful to this site. http://www.mvcconline.org/memberrigs 2-5 ton&upr.html
Glen, I do believe your issue is a an air leak, or a pressure transducer on the pneumatic controller. And I think this because you are hearing air in the PC and under the truck at the QRVs.

Last edited: