• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy From Colorado Springs

quinryan

I don't have a SS vehicle per se, but I joined looking to learn what I can about the 82 Diesel Jimmy that I bought a while ago. I am retired Army so I know the CUCVs fairly well, and figured that living in a military town like Colorado Springs (all we need is a submarine to home-port here and we'll have it all) finding support wouldn't be too hard.

I forgot something that I was taught early on in my career- "Hope is a poor technique." I've got so much money in that Jimmy that I'm going to have to leave it to my great grandchildren in order to get my money's worth.

So, I am hoping to find somebody local who has some talent for the engine. Everytime I fix one thing, 2 things break. Now, I'm looking for a glowplug controller. Got to be a good used one around here somewhere, new ones a laughably expensive. Any ideas about the GPC bypass that I have heard of?

Takai13

Welcome for Oregon.

You have found the right site for your quest. Wish I was closer and could help you better but, someone here will probably either be able to or know someone that can help.

JSBIRD69

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome! And greetings from Calhan, 35 miles n/e of Springs.

I can't be of any help with your Jimmy, but if yiu ever want to wrench on a Deuce, I can help you out!

Jay