• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy From CT

ChrisChabre

Hey everyone, Came here to learn some new stuff Ill be incorporating in my new off road rig. Also possibly looking for a few things to buy...Im sure my post count wont ever be very high as I tend to sit back and quietly observe...but Im always looking to learn. I also may ask a few stupid questions as I go along...

AZK9

...Im sure my post count wont ever be very high as I tend to sit back and quietly observe...but Im always looking to learn. ...
That's exactly what I thought when I finally joined here after over a year of reading and learning.
But... this place and the folks here tend to speed up the learning curve the more you get involved!

Good luck with your quest to learn and... welcome from Arizona! [thumbzup]

ChrisChabre

thanks guys!!! I admit the knowledge is limited in the military arena, partially due to being a civilian, and spending my life playing around with hot rods, lifted trucks, drag racing, land speed racing, etc.. Always had a small interest in this spectrum though. What started this mess for me was getting back into the Off road world...2.5 tons, 5 tons, military tires, and winches as corny as that may sound. People look at me funny when I tell them Im putting a Warn 18 on my wheeling rig...most of them think a 9500 is huge haha...I also set my truck up to fit 54s, with a focus of running 48s on the street. I plan on doing tug o war with it as well and I dont want to tear apart my small tire (44 inch bogger) or the Vtreads I plan on running. While Im still going to be on tons, most of my friends are on 2.5 or 5 tons...Im just a fabricator that is also a knowledge junkie haha

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site and the hobby. Here's a (greedy and needy!) solution for you, Purchase a nice BIG ex-military truck (and trailer), And use them to ferry your other hobby stuff to events etc.

ChrisChabre

Ill be honest, its more about the parts for me..haha My knowledge is limited...Ive spent most of the near 36 years on the planet playing around with hot rods, muscle cars, bike, off road trucks, drag and landspeed racing etc. Im a fabricator by trade, and am currently building myself another off road rig... Ive been looking into axles such as 2.5 tons, 5 tons, axletechs etc...Im running a Warn 18 series up front, and may get another when I get closer to finshing the new frame. I basically want to sit back and learn what I can...What exactly that is idk yet haha

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks