• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from GA

wyorunner

Hey all,

I am new to this forum, but not new to forums. Have been using them for about 8 or 9 years now. Wifey and I are looking at buying a M934 to convert into a camper! Already been around a bit on here and look forward to learning from the wealth of knowledge. Served 5 and a half years in the Marine Corps, wife is still serving at 10 in the Army. Big vehicles are nothing new to me, and shes been around them but never driven them. Her truck is a 2500HD GMC Sierra with the Duramax. I am a Toyota guru more than anything. It just time to move up from the M416 tent trailer!

Turner

3dAngus

Welcome from Perry,
Ga. The M934 will make the GMC look like a toy car.
Be sure to come to the Ga. Rally this October. It's always a Hoot!

kawkev

Welcome to the community and the madness. There's lots of info and advice to be had here. If you haven't been lurking around here for awhile, you need to get to know about the TMs and the search feature. Ask a question here without doing your research first will get you a quick "counseling" session. Just sayin. Great to have you aboard!

wyorunner

Angus and kev,

Thank you for the welcomes, and well aware of what you have brought up. I prefer to not ask questions, until proper searching here and else where has been done, and then answer those questions asked by others.

Turner

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard and use search to search for the search thread, it has some good tips.

;-)

zout

Hey Marine - help if we knew WHERE in Ga you are located !!

First order of business:
1. Place on calender April 27
2. Lookup Cookout at Zouts thread here (reason for looking up calender date)
3. Enter date on calender
4. Come have a great time (instructions are in the thread)
5. This will make you prepared for October
6. At the cookout you will learn more about the Georgia Rally
7. Reason for getting prepared at the cookout.

I'll see if I can dig up a couple more Marines to keep you calm - I only entered 7 because Marines like keeping things
simple.

Welcome to the site by the way.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

wyorunner

Welcome to the site!

Here's what your in for in October: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?96264-Official-2012-Ga-Rally-multimedia-thread

Leave yourself a few minutes to look at that-106 trucks and 1,000+ pics of offroading, swap meet, convoys and general MV tomfoolery takes a while to view. rofl

Clinto,

Wow, thats a huge event! I've been to toyota get togethers like that and know they are a good time. Although I only made it to page ten, I'd really like to go! Don't know if we'll have a truck by then or not, would really like to have one long before then, but well see.

To all the others, thank you yet again for the welcomes.

Turner

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
No truck needed, just show up, camp or not, BUT what ever there will be a OVER LOAD of fun and good times and a LOT of GREAT people

TMNT

Welcome from Canton, GA. The first SSGR that I attended, I was there in my Toyota FJCRUISER. I had a great time in my civi truck and everyone welcomed me on the trail rides and i met some great people. I was hooked and bought a truck soon thereafter. Did the rally again (2012) with my deuce and had a blast. I'm planning on being there all week for the 2013 rally.

Wyo, come to Zout's cookout and then the rally with or without truck. You won't regret it.

zout

Turner - there was a fella that had had been sleeping in a hamock in the trees even before the Ga Rally started just so he did not miss it.
As far on a scale from 1-10 - this event is like 100 - it is the Greatest Show On Earth as Ringling Bro's use to say.

Come in your POV - no one cares
Just put it on your calender (remember the outline of the 7 step instructions Marine) it comes After my cookout - but you'll feel at home
as that is the reason you wound up here in the first place - we are like minded folk - some ya just wanna kill but ya love em to pieces anyhow.

Makes ya wonder who I am talking about huh - Did CLinto show the pictures of someone at the last Ga Rally starting the Bon Fire ??????

Any questions on the cookout just pm me - any questions on the Ga Rally I plead the 5th ammendment.

3rdaavbn

Semper Fi Turner(Wyorunner), Nice to have you on Steel soldiers and here in GA. Lots of good stuff here and lots of good people.
I have driven about 3600 miles since getting my first Deuce (12DEC12), aquiring parts for me and helping others aquire various parts to make their deuces work.
I have not met one person that I did'nt think was someone I would want to know. In this current envioroment, that is a stellar statement. In my daily commute, I meet at least 30% S.H.
It is nice to find a community, that has a real interest in something, and is willing to share with others of like mind, this is it.