• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy From Georgia

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just wanted to introduce myself since I've been using this great resource for the last couple of months. Hopefully I can make some contributions along the way.

I live in Gray, GA and hope to make it to the Georgia rally in October to meet some of the neighbors. I've been around heavy equipment most of my life and am pretty good with a wrench. I enjoy designing and fabricating and this truck seemed to be a good platform for that.

I purchased my 1984 M923A0 from Riddle1, who is a real nice guy by the way, a couple of months back. This is my first MV and I have enjoyed every minute of it since the first ride. Maintenance, repairs and mods have been a piece of cake on this fine piece of American made machinery. The ingenious simplicity of these trucks is something I have come to respect and enjoy compared to some of today's modern vehicles.

Since I'm caught up on most of my projects I'll try to do some posting, instead of just reading. Y'all have been a big help so far. I hope to add to that in the future.

I'll try to get some pictures up in the 5 Ton forum this week.

Last edited:

andy3

Welcome from Suwanee. Hope to see you at the rally. I'll be the guy with the biggest smile there and a gaggle of kids.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I have a question about the TM's. Is there an easy way to navigate them? I've downloaded most of them but there doesn't seem, to me at least, to be an easy way to sift through them. Maybe I'm missing something. I seem to have better luck finding information I don't need. If it matters, I do most of this from my phone. Would it be better from a desk top computer?

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well here she is. Some of y'all might recognize it. Riddle1 said he had been to a couple GA rallies and I understand the delineation emblems on the rear flaps are pretty uncommon.

IMG_20140902_162801_176.jpgIMG_20140902_162838_186.jpgIMG_20140902_162914_007.jpg

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks nice, coming to the rally now right
Sure gonna try. I already took that weekend off. As long as I finish all my projects I'm working on, I'll be there. Gotta replace the fan clutch and the front pinion seal along with some other mods I'm working on.

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Sure gonna try. I already took that weekend off. As long as I finish all my projects I'm working on, I'll be there. Gotta replace the fan clutch and the front opinion seal along with some other mods I'm working on.
Welcome from Columbus, Georgia - Headquarters of the infamous "Georgia Mafia"!!:beer:

Plan to come to the Georgia Rally even if ya don't finish your truck in time. I'll bring an application!!:papabear:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks