• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from Illinois

ryan77

Im getting my m1009 from warner robins as soon as my euc come through. I cant seem to get any one there to tell me if i can drive it on the trailer or do i have to have a winch. Will a m1009 fit on a uhaul trailer? Any help or sugestions would be great.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard! Congrats on your truck! LOTS of info and good people here on Steel Soldiers! ENJOY!
God bless,

Tony:wink:
Peoria

ryan77

I signed up for that u ship site got a quote for $616.00 i couldnt pick it up my self that cheap thanks for the suggestion i hope they can go on warner robins base. The company gl suggest wanted $1700.00.

ryan77

Now some all the quotes im getting are saying that they cant go on base and i have to meet them outside with the vehicle which defeats the purpose of having it shipped if i have to drive down there any way.

DieselBob

If you haven't already done so you might want to post in the "Transportation Needs" forum. There are some members on SS that haul for good rates.

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
They can go on base. It's not a problem. All they have to do is stop at the gate and get a temporary vehicle permit from the cops at the gate. They will also tell him the most direct route from the gate to the pickup point. If he doesn't seem to understand the directions, they might even send someone out to lead the way. AF base cops are pretty accommodating if you're polite and have a vaalid reason for entering the base. They can be pretty dangerous pricks, though, if you're up to no good. ;)

6x6guy

Welcome to the site, not to far from me- I used to live in Cary near Silver Lake and Crystal Lake
roads across from corner store. Don't forget the vehicle registration and vehicle insurance, bring a
copy of the payed invoice- other wise you will be turned away at the gate and not allowed access to the base
with out the proper paper work. :roll: