• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from Illinois

bguy193

Hello everyone, I am from central Illinois and I bought my first deuce last weekend and am awaiting delivery. I can't wait to see it in the drive.

50shooter

Always good to have another MV guy in IL. It will help make it harder for them to ban them due to the fact that they are capable of carrying many assault rifles in the back at one time....like Remington 700s, Marlin Model 90s, H&R 20ga, Ruger No 1. etc..

Welcom aboard and congrats on your first of many trucks.

flyxpl

Another new guy also from central IL

I have the OD bug also . Hope to find a ride soon . Having a hard time finding something close . Also curious where / how you got yours .

Biggles

I bought mine from GL had it shipped here. Got pulled over the first day I drove it (lived in Chatham at the time) I wasn't able to find anything nearby I had to get mine out of Iowa.

Biggles

I had no idea there was so much O.D. Iron in the area. I never see any of it running around......Maybe an Illinois rally wouldn't be such a bad idea.

BillIdaho

Welcome. I'm originally from central Illinois ( Metamora, Peoria area). I go back once a year to visit my kin in Metamora. There are a gaggle of MV's around that neck of the woods. Too bad rust is condusive to that area. ( Idaho has spoiled me).
Actually, there is a member here (I forget his name) that lives literally a 1/4 mile from my niece. Right outside Metamora proper.
Anyway, welcome.

ericm38

It did fine I haul a backhoe with the same truck it is about 16,500 now you do have to watch how you load it to get the weight placed. The m35 came from Ohio to **** long of a pull I will say that.

50shooter

Illinois guys popping out of the woodwork now. Awesome to know there is more around. I just drove by a M105 in a back yard that was only 10 miles from me. Never know when the MV's are going to pop up.

June 12 in Savanna IL, we are going to have a parade and get together for the closing of the Savanna Army Depot anniv. I don't know yet how many MV guys will be able to make it but it should be fun. There will be camping and such at the depot after the parade. I have another post on here about that as well.

Thanks

bguy193

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Sorry it took a while to repost but I tend to get pretty busy at times. I didn't realize there were so many members in the Land of Lincoln, it is good to know. I found out today that the deuce will be here tomorrow afternoon........can't wait.