• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from Illinois

lstmate

Everyone in IL is always welcome to come over and join the River City group in Evansville. We recently had a swap meet in Vincennes. The next couple of events will be in Evansville.

jj9620

Welcome also I'm from Woodlawn (6miles from Mt vernon) I come home with a mty trailer sometimes or with something I have bought from GL maybe sometime I can help with transportation

Biggles

is there any dealers around here that sell cucv's? I'm looking for an M1009 to compliment my deuce but it seems all the dealers that have those are far enough away that I don't want to deal with it. I heard there was one near Chicago but I haven't had any luck finding them. I may just have to hope that Scott AFB gets rid of some soon.

ryan77

Motor source in Highland parks has them once in a while i think they just have m1008 left now but check there web site.

BillIdaho

For you guys near Peoria, there was a 5 ton at Rich's junk yard in Spring Bay. My Brother, who lives in Metamora, said it was there last time he drove by.
There used to be a WC52 in Henry. It was there 30 years ago when I went to the motorcycle hill climbs (do they still have those?), and it was there a few years ago when I was back for vacation.
I also learned, through the same source, there is a guy on Far Hills Drive, in Germantown that has a yard full of M416's. That was last summer.
There is a guy in Metamora with a re-weld MUTT.
What's the deal here, I'm in Idaho finding MV's for the guys in Illinois?

BillIdaho

I always forget something after I hit the button......... There is a M103 trailer for sale, in real good condition but lacking the lunnet, in Secor (or maybe El Paso-I don't remember which). Both towns are small enough a guy couldn't hardly not find it.

Mayor Joe

I know it's November, and I'm hitting this thread REALLY late, but I too am an Illinois MVP'er.
Finding LOTS of great guys from Illinois, Iowa and Indiana at events all summer and would really like to see an Illinois Rally. I have a 71 Deuce with 105 Trailer, a 1954 M43 Ambulance and just bought a 1944 WC52 - should arrive tomorrow. Joined the Northern Illinois Chapter of the MVPA - GREAT GROUP!

Attachments

Mayor Joe

I think a lot of guys would be up for it. We (NICMVPA) talked about a combined chapter event near Rochelle, IL next year. There's a huge event in Rockford every year, and a couple in Indiana. Several of us think there's room for other event in Illinois. Should we add to existing events or create another one. I'm up for getting involved in getting something started - one way or another!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks