• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy From INDIANA

K5DBLAZER

Hi my name is matt i own a mil spec k5 blazer with the 6.5 d block and i am looking to get a few tech questions out of the way i have done a few things to it in the past few days! Tune up i have changed glow plugs, oil change, fuel filter and also batteries and installed a BLOCK warmer.

ccequipment

Welcome, sounds like you have it ready to go for winter. I also have a M1009 as my parts runner and one of my snowplow trucks. I mainly deal with anything M35 related , but would be happy to help you out.

BobM

Hello neighbor. I was just thru Plainfield today. I've sold my 1008, but am still very interested in the CUCV vehicles. Enjoy the site. There are many helpful people here who will guide you on the way. (There are also a coupla grumps, but they mean well! :wink: )
Enjoy the site and your K-5.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Welcome Matt...can't help with a CUCV...don't know much about em...but welcome anyway.

There are folks on here that can solve nearly any issue you have...but remember...search the system first...LOL:-D

K5DBLAZER

Electrical Question?

can anyone tell me why one day I have a perfectly good running truck and the next I have no power what so ever the dash does not even turn on?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The west Texas Detachment of the Steel Soldiers welcoms Matt form Indianna aboard:-D Find a bunk, stow your gear, and get ready to get underway:!:

While I have no help for our initial question, you WILL find plenty of helpful advice available here as well as tech manuals etc. Be patient on the best replies - most of the crew is on Christmas leave. They'll be back soon with many exaggerations of their holiday exploits.

Hope you had a good Christmas and best wishes for the New Year:!:

:driver::jumpin:

BobM

can anyone tell me why one day I have a perfectly good running truck and the next I have no power what so ever the dash does not even turn on?
Fusible links! (The DREADED fusible links!) GM LOVES fusible links! You need to do a search for Fusible Links to show you where to look for these, but I'll bet good money that you have a link that is fried.:wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks