• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from Indiana

Custer

Hello all, been trolling the site for a few months now and thought it was finally time to announce myself.

Want to start by saying thank you to all who have provided the wealth of information here I've been gathering while in the background.

My attraction to these trucks started over a year ago when I convinced a friend of mine that he needed a deuce. I then went with him to look it over. I then had to follow him home with his new toy as I dreamt of having my own! This past June I found a deal on a 66 deuce that I couldn't pass up. He then had to follow me home with my new toy (aka the metal turtle) with a grin on my face ear to ear.
After fixing a few minor things, looking into putting a dump kit on it, and figuring out it was a pooch, I decided to sell it and get what I had really wanted in the first place. A 5 ton!
So I'm now the proud owner of a great condition 1967 M51A2! I have used it to haul fire wood and gravel my 1/4 mile driveway. And I have hauled some stone for friends and family. :) It's a great truck and I am looking forward to working on it with the helpful advise of my fellow SS members. Here is a couple pics
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355211454.602250.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1355211497.303386.jpg

coop

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site from another fellow Hoosier. Glad you got the nice M51A2 and are having fun using it. Just think of how proud we make Al Gore for going green! BTW, the last time I road in one of those was 1969, Vieques, Island PR. I was so drunk they thru me in the back of it and hauled my sorry a** about 5 miles back to the water point where I lived. Between the whisky and bouncing around in the back of that 5 ton, I was in a sad way and hung over for two days!

coop

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. Nice looking truck. Come over and do my driveway now. :)

Custer

Welcome to the site. Nice looking truck. Come over and do my driveway now. :)
Thanks for the compliment. And I think I'm free to do your driveway on Feb 30 :)

And thanks to all who have made me feel welcome here.

Oh and Coop, if your ever up my way, I'll let you ride upright in the front of mine anytime. Drunk or not. Lol
Thanks for the smile!

andyindy

Welcome fellow Hoosier!!! I too have a M51 A2 dump, rugged truck! If you are like a lot of us here, it is impossible to have just one MV. I'm afraid you've done been bit by the green bug.;) Off to work,catch ya later, Andy......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks