• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from Kansas

crubash

I don't have a big 2 1/2 or 5 ton, but I am in the process of rebuilding a '41 Dodge WC. Oh, and we just got a 5 ton for our rural fire department truck. I'm hooked, now I want one but the wife says "Hell No"......for now!

poppop

Welcome aboard!!! Mention it to her every day, sooner or later she will so, OH what the he??, just go get one and shut up.

bmH1065

My wife didn't know what I needed with one (I don't know why except I wanted it) After I bought it on ebay I told her about it and she went with me to pick it up. The guy's wife I bought it from gave her a plant and she was all happy about that. She has ridden in it a few times and enjoys watching me work on it. Thinks I look like a little kid with a new toy. Besides that I have hauled a few loads of rock with it. You are only about 80 miles from me.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Great another Jhawker, I just live up the road in DeSoto. A buddy of mine in Olathe is a 1/2 ton collector. Welcome aboard.

crubash

NoNONO, I was a Wildcat!! That Buddy of yours in olathe wouldn't happen to be Joe Taylor would it? He introduced me to another guy with some old Power Wagons, an ambulance...well, whats left of one, a couple civvies, a wrecker....and a 50 or 60's fire truck. Both are just west of Olathe.

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome on!
My cousin is in Paola. He restores WWII harleys. Belongs to the MVPA. Has one on display at Central Harley in Olathe. My family has a farm just west of Osawatomie.

shepsjeep

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crubash,

We have a local MVPA club that meets in Olathe, KS. PM me and I can give you the details. Lots of great info and events!

HardCorps79

I don't know- I tried to convince my wife for years to let me get a CUCV. Finally just took her to drive one off road. I drove the snot out of it. She looked like a kid at 6-flags! She had to drive it, too and after about a half-hour, she says, "Can we buy one?" I'm like, "You're asking me?"
My in-laws are in Olathe and we're over there about twice a week. We're at the base in Belton. Would love to network with some locals...

Semper Fi,
HardCorps79

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks