• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy From Louisiana

Torres70380

Good Morning Steel Soldiers!

I know this post is a little late, but would like to say hello and glad to be here.
My name is Fred and I live in South Louisiana.
I am now infected with " Tan Sickness " just purchased a Deuce, had been working the details out.. it was delivered on Jan. 19th

I would like to thank 100dollarman for the Fine Deuce. I would also like to thank jimm1009 I have spoken to him several times and he was able to send and share some info. Also what to thank kendelrio we work at the the same place.. when he came to work in the Deuce ... that got the Sickness going.

I would also like to thank the rest of Steel Soldiers, I have read lots of good post.. I have lots more to read and lots more to learn. When my paperwork arrives and it's time for insurance and license plate... I think I have it worked out for the State of Louisiana... ? Will see if it works.. will pass that info along.

Just a little about the truck:
1968 Kaiser M35A2 Soft Top
* Bobbed * used Deuce Bed less 3'
100dollarman Rims and Goodyear 395//85R20 MV/T

Have purchased the set of filter from jatonka ( real nice to deal wit ) will be buy from him again. Will need to do a complete Fluid change.
Also purchased a few none important add ons... will post them later.
So.. in short Hello to All of you! I have enjoyed what I have read here and look forward to being around awhile.

THANKS !

p.s. Thanks Not me in any of the pictures.

Attachments

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SteelSoldiers Torres, and OD madness!:twisted: I drive my deuce to work (Lake Charles to Houma) and everyone at the lot drools, no converts yet though...

Your in good hands with Kendelrio and Jimm1009. Have fun with the new addition to the family and in Fourchon...

Excellent looking piece of steel ya got!

4x

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
always welcome new members and glad to see another la guys along.. get your nice truck all checked out and road ready.. almost time for the 3rd annual louisiana ss rally.. look forward to meeting you in person:p

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard SS and Nice looking Deuce you will have a whole lot of fun and time into it which is of course half the fun of these vehicles Great Luck to you and you live in an area with lots and lots of testing grounds, make sure you take pics and post when you bury it and trust me it will happen! Welcom aboard from ND
KK

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy.:cookoo:

You are headed down the slippery slope
of MV addiction with a bunch of guys that will grease the skids as you go by.

We won't just help you....we will help you help yourself.

Again...welcome to the madness.

Watch out for that Timtrucks guy.....he ain't right......but he hosts a dynamite rally every year.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome! Those last photos of your truck coming off the trailer and onto your lawn are pure treasure! Thanks for posting and sharing your new your addiction!

Rick

littlebob

Welcome to the site! You met a few of the members already and there are more near you. The support of Steel Soldiers forum will be a big help for you, as it has been for me. Can't wait to see you at Tim's Rally this year.

goldneagle

Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy.:cookoo:

You are headed down the slippery slope
of MV addiction with a bunch of guys that will grease the skids as you go by.

We won't just help you....we will help you help yourself.

Again...welcome to the madness.

Watch out for that Timtrucks guy.....he ain't right......but he hosts a dynamite rally every year.
What do you mean Tim ain't right! He is a hard working member of society who lends a hand to a friend in need. They (Tim and family)happen to be some of the nicest folks we have met here in Louisiana! Tim has a positive attitude and a friendly demeanor. I am glad to call him my friend.

As much as I like you WM you are the one that ain't quite right (PB will agree with me). That is what is so great about you. If you were too straight you would be no fun at all! Between all the stories and the mishaps in your OD addiction you are quite entertaining! Keep up the good work :deadhorse:

Torres70380

Thank you all for the warm Welcome! Everyone here is very helpful.. I have found lots of good post on many ... many Task ahead!
Next weekend I will start putting some of that to good use.
Will start with a knuckle boot change out, and while I have the front apart will change out the axle seal, then the rear, and follow with complete fluid change. Had purchased the Spin-on Kits from John. Will hit the brakes while everything is apart. Makeing use of my time while I deal with the DMV. Which I hope to start that ball rolling soon. I have read a lot of the post about dealing with the DMV.. I am sure that is going to be fun.. just like the insurance was. But, I live in a small town the Local DMV lady is one of my friends mom, so the firest leg should go well, it's just dealing with Baton Rouge that will be fun.I think I have my game plan worked out.. maybe! I'll add my 2 cent on that post later.

Crazyguyla

Welcome to the site. My duece is in La, but I'm elsewhere.. I miss my duece :( If anyone's ever crusin down river road (LA18) in luling, my duece can be seen from the road.. :) one of the few compressor trucks. It fits right in with all the RV's in the nieghberhood ;)