• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from N.C.

RangerRed

Hello all,

I've been drooling over bobbed Deuces for about 3 months now, I stumbled onto one for sale on Ebay and now i'm hooked! I still haven't purchased a truck yet, but plan on doing all the conversion work myself from 6x6. Until I secure a ride to start with, I will continue reading all the great posts on here. Man, there is a lot of information on here! You guys have built one heck of a website and I can't wait to contribute.

Also, I have seen a few posts mentioning a Cummins 12v swap, but I haven't found any pics or details. It is my understanding that the T-case on a deuce is divorce mounted, with that in mind is it as simple as swapping in a 12v and 6-speed, then making the driveline connectiion? I'm not looking to hot rod, and will leave the Cummins mostly stock, I just have a lot of experience with them and their reliiability is top notch. Plus the ratios on the trans are spread out more and should make the driving experience even more fun. Thanks everyone for a great site!

ctmustang

The cummins swap has been done a few times. Try the search function I know there are some threads on the swap in there some where. Good Luck on your future purchase and soon to be addiction.
CT