• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy From New Mexico

Buz07

Hello Howdy, Well, Being all new to Steel Soldier site & new friends not meet. My wife, brother & I are off on a Recovery Mission, for our Units, a BMY M931A2 & BMY M923A2, First time having trucks like these...Will being Recovering unit M931 from Tracy, California, & unit M923 from Barstow Califrornia area.. Leaving Tracy Calif. on I 5 south weather permitting, on Tuesday Dec 22nd, Arriving & depart Yermo with second unit, M923, Returning on I 40 East most of trip...to I 25, south to Tor C New Mexico...This will be a real test of man, & Machine, mileage of about 1120 or so?...Merry Christmas to all.... & Happy New Year.....Latter Buz07 P.S. YES we will be driving these units...

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Route suggestion - I-10 east to I-25 north might yield better driving conditions and more recovery support. Should you choose this route, I have you covered with towbars and a 5ton for the entire state of AZ and partway through NM. Where I stop covering you, Carnac and droprat and RGSinophir can probably cover you.

Welcome to the hobby. Lots of good activities in Elephant Butt...

AZK9

Welcome from the Central Highlands of Arizona! [thumbzup]

Take plenty of tools and recovery essentials for your adventure from California to New Mexico!

Have a safe trip and enjoy your MV's!

2StateTrigger

Hello Howdy, Well, Being all new to Steel Soldier site & new friends not meet. My wife, brother & I are off on a Recovery Mission, for our Units, a BMY M931A2 & BMY M923A2, First time having trucks like these...Will being Recovering unit M931 from Tracy, California, & unit M923 from Barstow Califrornia area.. Leaving Tracy Calif. on I 5 south weather permitting, on Tuesday Dec 22nd, Arriving & depart Yermo with second unit, M923, Returning on I 40 East most of trip...to I 25, south to Tor C New Mexico...This will be a real test of man, & Machine, mileage of about 1120 or so?...Merry Christmas to all.... & Happy New Year.....Latter Buz07 P.S. YES we will be driving these units...
ABQ is my old stomping grounds back from 81-91....BE ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU TAKE TOOLS, JACK/JACK STANDS, AND GALLONS UPON GALLONS OF ESSENTIAL LUBRICATING FLUIDS FOR THOSE RIGS.....

Drive safe....

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Welcome from Cape Cod, MA and to the site. Lots of good info here, you will need it. Good luck on the recovery and God speed. Post pics please. :driver:

Buz07

Thank you for the worm welcome....and offer for help if needed,.....will keep info handy....will cross I 40 Arizona to Albuquerque, Will be watching weather...

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I send my official welcome from El Paso, even though I have been talking to these guys all week. I want the rest of you to know these guys got hit hard with the disease. They were in attendance at the Luminaria Walk held last Saturday at Elephant Butte Lake. They saw, we talked, they bought, ALL IN LESS THAN A WEEK!!!

Good luck on the recovery.
Vick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks