• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from NW Florida MEP002a questions

Ray Cook

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Assuming your pump is ok, you can save yourself some later work. Once the pump is off the engine, don't spin the pump right away. Instead, take a marker and draw a line on the pump body and the gear. Before you re-install the pump, make sure the line is, well, lined up. This way, you won't have to go through re-timing the engine and the pump (assuming you don't spin the engine once the pump is off). I hope that made sense!

Hdonly

Assuming your pump is ok, you can save yourself some later work. Once the pump is off the engine, don't spin the pump right away. Instead, take a marker and draw a line on the pump body and the gear. Before you re-install the pump, make sure the line is, well, lined up. This way, you won't have to go through re-timing the engine and the pump (assuming you don't spin the engine once the pump is off). I hope that made sense!
Yes, that makes perfect sense. I've been reading as much as I can find about the Bosch pump. Maybe I can get back on this today.

Chainbreaker

... I'm starting to think I may just part this machine out. Probably get more than my money back that way. At least break even. Large boat anchor!
Yeah, considering what's already missing & the unknown operational state of what's there it would be expensive & very time consuming to pursue bringing it back to life. You should be able to get your money back & perhaps make some extra $ for your time.