• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from PA just acquired an M35A1

Inline6359

Been a long time lurker of the forum, with reallt nothing to contribute as i didnt get my deuce until recently. In a recent deal i aquired a 1963 m35a1 studebaker from some idiot as part of a deal. Right now im sorting through all thw rigged up crap and neglected general maintenance.

Ill toss up some pictures when i picked her up.

I got it home and first order of buisness was to remove all the unnecessary toggle switches that have been added, the botched together humvee wiper motor, all the junk the aquired in the bed, the problematic starter solenoid and of course the muffler. :shock:

Now im currently changing out all the junkin the fuel system to diesel and changing the filters.

Things also on the list in the immediate future.
1. Remove fdc and any unneeded fuel lines to and from the tank.
2. New fuel lines for those that are going to stay.
3. Repair leaking radiator
4. Bump the fuel, and install a good pyrometer.

armytruck63

I'm interested to find out if the truck still has the LDS-427. If so, it is a rare bird because most of these engines were removed and replaced with later multifuel engines.

FloridaAKM

Welcome aboard, stow yer gear & prepare to get underway. Sounds like you have a bunch of cleaning up from the previous owner. Keep working on her to bring back to the level of originality that you require & post some pictures when you get a chance. You realize these big Green Iron Trucks are highly addicitive & you have been bitten by the disease. Carry on!

SignalNco

Welcome to the green obsession from the Shenandoah Valley of VA. Just got the wiring on my Deuce taken care of this past weekend. Parts were missing on mine that had been liberated. Instead of removing items and disconnecting the connectors, it must have been easier to just cut the wires clean back to the harness. Anyway, good luck with your acquisition, can't wait to see some pictures!!

DevRev

Hey welcome! Please keep us updated on your work log of your deuce. Tons of pictures of progress is always awesome too!! You'll find a plethora of information in these forums regarding your new green machine.

Monkeyboyarmy

Looks like a decent truck. And the hypercycle proves it...427. So I would be cautious about putting too much fuel to it. I think they had weak head gaskets. Definitely rare. Someone put a high exhaust on it. I used to love the low exhaust for rollin coal.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No FDC on those motors. Yours is the correct IP. Any pics of the turbo? They were quite different than the ones on the LDT if memory serves me.

jatonka

Welcome to the site. It sure is a 427, I suggest that you don't mess with the fuel screw until after you freshen the fuel system, get it running well and drive it some, these motors make 146 horse power, not the 130-134 that the LDT 465s do. I run an M35A1 with original 427 and lots of miles on it and it runs circles around the average deuce. The turbo is huge and is built for power, not to clean the air as you will soon find out!!!!!!! The weak link is the propensity for the crankshaft to break internally. I haven't had a problem but we use good motor oil and don't rev it over 2300 at all. I have a complete spare LDS 427 with a broken crank ( I bought it this way) Good luck, enjoy your new addiction, JT out

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks