• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new guy from pa

kindapointless

Hi all new guy from pa here. I dont have a mv yet but am looking around for one and am so far leaning towards a 5 ton just waiting on yet another va back pay check. Im leaning more towards the 5 ton is i can longer use my left foot that well (30% mobility and nerve damage) and the power steering. Never got to play with one in the af but played with the lmtvs and dueces loading them on my plane. Im out in the middle of nowhere so size dont matter on the roads the amish take up the whole roads anyway. If i have to get a cdl well i will have to work on that one i dont know if you have to have a physical but even being 29 i might not pass. Oh well brother in law has one and i can always get the old lady to get one (not jokeing she has already agreed).

kindapointless

Thought about the 35a3 just dosent have the same appeal to me but i may go check one out again. Fuel isnt really a issue i dont think i have ever owned anything that gets above 8mpg. Right now have a lifted eddie bauer bronco with a 408 that gets about 7 cause i cant help but get into it. Im just looking for a big play toy. I have been checking out the wrecker variants because they could be very useful and fun. Big question though will a 35a3 or a 939 stand up to a deer strike better? I have hit two this week one with my bronco another with my dmax. I pass on average 40 deer a night so it is a big worry especially since they even hit me in the door and back quarters.

kindapointless

Thank you sir that eases my mind some. Deer last night caused a lil over 1000 worth of damage and bronco parts are relativly cheap. If it dosent snow real bad im going to go out to boyce equipment in next couple weeks to check out what they have. I see dueces all the time around here and see the gentleman with the cucv in slippery rock all the time and it just makes me want a big green money pit. I have a heavy diesel mechanic as a brother in law and a old motor pool sgt i can call when i need so now i just have to find me one.

ckinger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. I'm one of those guy's you see running around with a duce. I live about 3 miles from the I-80 off ramp in Grove City. Good luck with your MV search. I'll keep my eyes open for you when you get your MV.

kindapointless

Thank you everyone. Im downloading the tm's for the trucks im interested in and will be studying them so i can make a informed descision, not like i have anything to do anyway besides wait gotta love the gov. This site is the best.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Monkeyboyarmy on this site is just across the state line from you between Ashtabula and Youngstown. I hear he has A3's and 5 tons for sale.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Welcome,I have 6- 5 tons for sale.You will love the 5 tons,they have full power steering...When you are ready to buy one call me.John 410-808-5227

Monkeyboyarmy

Yep. Hit a deer on 422 near Indiana,Pa friday morning doing about 50 mph. No damage to the M1009 other than needing a good cleaning. You are welcome to come out and drive and talk trucks so you can get a better idea of what you are looking for.

kindapointless

I would love too take you up on that offer. As a c130 loadmaster i never really got to drive anything but i slept in them alot, well except that one time but they should of known better. :driver: Dont leave a bored load smasher in the middle of nowhere with a hummve. :driver: I have been narowing down what im looking for and may just start a new thread asking advice on what to look for but have no clue which forum section to put it in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks