• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from Salt Lake City, UT

79Vette

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Figured I'd say hi to everyone. I've wanted an offroad/work truck for a couple years, and I'm starting to look closely at M1009 CUCVs. I've been into old cars for years, and have a partially restored '79 Corvette that I've been daily driving for several years. My dad still has a '77 K5 Jimmy that I really like, and the M1009 seems like a slightly louder, less comfortable, and generally more awesome version of that truck. It should also do better in the Utah winters than the corvette, which can be a bit unnerving at times.

I'm pretty handy and have been working on the corvette and k5 pretty heavily the last 5 years, but MVs are a new ballgame for me. I know mostly what to look for on old GM vehicles, but I'm going to start another thread over in the CUCV forum asking for some MV-specific help. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions, so take it easy on a newbie :wink:

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Tennessee. This is a great place for information and parts. The people here are top notch too. I've met several in my quest for a truck and everyone is very knowledgeable and helpful.