• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from Sweden

66swede

Hi! I own a few US WWII vehicles, so this is a greate site for me to maybe learn more about my vehicles and others. I have a rather early GMC cckwx, and a Chevrolet Eart Auger (the yellow one) that was used by the US signal corps (they reffered to it as K-44) for drilling holes and setting power/telephone poles. There seames to be only 4 of theese left here in Europe, -does anyone know of any in the US?
I also have a few wrecks in my yard: a commandcar and a three WC.

66swede

Thanks to you all!

cessnatwin: Forum activities is something new to me, so I have not quite learned this yet. I placed some pictures in my photo album, I think you can see them there? I´ll also try to upload a picture here, and see if it works. It shows my 1942 Volvo VKP (Volvo Kaross Pansar = Volvo Body Panzer). Only 100 of theese where built, and allmost all where scrapped in the 70´s. This one survived just because the home guard asked if they could have it.

Bliss: I´m in Linköping, about 4h north of Malmö, and 2h south of the new terrorist goal Stockholm. Did you study in Lund?

drgreg: Thanks for the link! -There I learned my Earth Auger truck was born in Norwood,OH, October -44. Greate! There was no year of manifacture in the old Swedish title, but now I know for sure!

Attachments

Sirblissfull

No I visited a friend that was back in 2006.

Was only there 10 days beautiful area I wanted to stay longer but uncle Sam had other plans.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site, always good to a variety of backgrounds and views on the hobby, sorry to hear of the bombing over there.
James in Arkansas, USA

66swede

Thanks Billy Bobbed, jime, rumplecat, cranetruck, bbftx and roscoe!

cranetruck Bjorn: are you originally from Sweden?

bbftx: Nice and informative site you have made there! And a good name on it too! Looking foreward to follow the restoration there. I see on a picture there that Rolf must have done a real fast disassembly. I envy how you can work outdoors in late November. Below a picture of what i have to put up with...
By the way, -nice to see my barn in the background of your avatar!

Attachments

bbftx

Hej 66Swede!,

Yes, Rolf is moving quickly without any prodding from me. It's great to have a motivated mechanic! He loves working on Volvos and is eager to keep things moving along.

That picture of the snowy Sugga is great. Takes me back to my days growing up in South Dakota. Brrrr.
Hope you don't mind me using the photo with the corner of your barn. It was right at hand when I signed up for SteelSoldiers, before the Sugga arrived here and I could take my own photos!
Cheers,

66swede

Sirblissful: yes, they are cool. But you have a lot of cool armyvehicles over there too!
Below a picture of my 1954 Volvo taxi. -You can see they used that body on the Sugga, just shortened it, and cut the rear lower end off.

bbftx: You are welcome to use any pictures from me. I enjoyed to see the barn there! On a picture in a forum in an other part of the world! Cool! Maybe I have an other picture for you, from when I bought your Sugga at that museum auction in 2008. I´ll check, and mail it to you, if so.

Attachments