• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from Syracuse, New York

T-Wrecks

My name is Victor, I found this site while looking for information on bobbed dueces and 5 tons. I am looking to replace my pick-up truck and thought a bobbed millitary truck could be ideal for me. Right now I have a 2000 Ford F550 pick-up conversion with the Royal sculpted utilty box. It empty with no fuel is 10000 pounds so a Bobbed 2 1/2 truck would be the ideal swap out.

I am an avid drag racer with a 247 inch wheelbase blown alcohol dragster well in excess of 1000 hp. The bobbed truck would be my primary way for pulling my enclosed trailer with my car in it as well as pulling my landscaping equipment around 1 day a week..

Anyhow, this seems to be a cool site....

thanks for listening!

DeucesWild11

T-Wrecks, I just did the same thing, I had an old 1990 Chevy 1500 that was rusting to pieces. I found a great bobbed Deuce and got some larger 395 tires on it now. Given your location, you may want to check out Kublos, he's near Binghampton on the PA side.. He's a great resource for Trucks and parts. Ask for Kenny Jr.. Good luck!
Brian:driver:

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome, I was station in Watertown NY Fort Drum and -30 degrees to cold for me thank god i am back in FL. Oh make sure you get snow chains too lol.

T-Wrecks

Thanks for the welcomes. I really do need to get one of these trucks. It brings me back to my childhood. When I was a kid, there used to always be stashed army trucks and jeeps at our house that was swiped from another division while training at Fort Drum. They would sit for a bit then get re-stensiled. I wonder if they get away with that now.....35 years later

LanceRobson

Welcome to the site.

Where do you live? We are in Sennett, in between Auburn and Skaneateles. There are a heap of MV collectors in the CNY area and a bunch of them are on this site.

You may want to check out the NY-PENN Military Vehicle Collectors Club at Home

The Easy Company chapter is centered up on the Syracuse area. Our next meeting is tentatively scheduled at 1 PM on 28 January, 2012 at my place although this far out both the date and location might change.

A couple of chapter members have deuces looking for a new good home...

Lance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks