• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from Tennessee

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First of all, welcome to the site and the hobby. You are going to find a wealth of information here. My first MV is an M37. Just took it out for a long ride tonight. This truck isn't just a military vehicle. It's the vehicle that brought me into this hobby. Through it, I have met many heroes and just plane nice people. A lot of them on this site! Keep coming back here and you will see what I mean.
Now down to brass tacks. How about some pictures of your M37? We all want to see it. Nobody here is going judge it, we just like to see these truck regardless of condition. Military vehicles are like pizza, they are all good, just some are better than others...;)

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi FNG, Welcome! You are definitely in for a treat. The camaraderie in the Military Vehicle (MV) world makes it like you have known these people all your life... There is TONS of information available on this site. There are Training Manuals, opinions, ways to "hot rod" your truck, and just plain help when you get stumped too.

We are a picture hungry bunch, so be sure to post up your new girl's first photo shoot for all to see. :cool:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
These are the pictures I have so far. Will post more when I get her home.
That's Great! I know there is a little paint flaking going on, but you have some good looking sheet-metal there to work with! Even the bed looks pretty good. Be sure to lay those troop seat backs down in the truck before you haul it. Might want those pieces of metal when you start making her pretty.

Heck yes! Be sure to picture it when you load it on a trailer or however you plan to get it home. Those pictures will make you smile when you are an old man telling the tale about how you found it and got it home...

Those little flathead motors will run forever. That oil-bath air cleaner... It isn't sexy and chrome - but that is definitely the real deal that came on the truck when it was new. Even if you decide to change it up later, hang onto that piece. I would take the plugs out and give it a good dose of marvel mystery oil just to see what it will free up. Don't want to turn it as dry as the cylinder walls might be...

You did good for sure. Hidden away in a barn for who knows how long - and you get to bring her back to life!

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see a lot of nice straight sheet metal. Mine was painted by the forestry service. It looked like used a mop to pile on this horrible blue/green puke all over it. It turned out that the puke job saved the truck. Once it was blasted clean, we found very little rust. Most of it was surface rust and cleaned up nicely. Yours still has it’s data plate. Your Truck is one year older than mine. Good find!
It looks like you’re pretty close to Memphis. Check out Memphis Equipment. They are a good source for parts and service...

Last edited:

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Welcome from Missouri!

Looks like you got a runner there. Someone has been visiting as the spark wires do not look real old.

My advise is to check the fuel and if it is old then do not even try to start with that fuel. Get some fuel line put it into a fresh can of fuel and hook up to the fuel pump. Fresh battery and you may drive it onto the trailer.

Good Luck in your endeavor.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a heck of an I-Beam suspension under it :)

Looks like all the parts are there. I had a hard time finding the troop seat and bed rack hardware so you're ahead in that regards. Mine came with a ton of prior owner modifications (like huge rust holes, gallons of bondo, and reams of fiberglass matting) so I think you've got a lot better base than I started with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks