• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from the UK w/M37

HAWK101

Hi, FNG to the site, my name is Lee, just thought id say hello. I own a 1962 M37B1, I have owned her for about a year. It was pretty much up together when I bought her, since owning the truck I have only touched up some paint on the body and remarked it with different military markings. At the moment Im changing the head gasket, as blew the old one early last week, once that is done ill be purchasing a new rear cargo canvas, also need some more seats and new seat canvas's, drivers and passengers. Ideally id like to purchase the spring seat sections, but through searching, they seem to be like rocking horse s**t, so a good high density foam will have to do:?. Anyways, looking forward to being part of the SS forum and talking OD with you folks.:D IMG_1126.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site, make sure to put a dab of a good high temp thread sealer on each of the head bolts or you will have leaks. Did you check the block and head for flatness?

Make sure to join the G741.org site, that is a M37 only forum also.

Bert

HAWK101

Hi, Thanks for the warm welcome, Bert,,, yes the block and head are being checked this week. I'm still yet to join the G741.org site, but have been lurking around there for a while too, My B1 is listed on that site, but with its previous owner, so will have to sign up and change that ASAP :p