• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from UPSTATE NY

Torch

What's up ya'll,

I recently bought an 85 M1009 and the guy I bought it from told me about this site. Being I'm new I'm learning my way around & figuring out how to use it. I guess this is the "first post" I need to make before I can post elsewhere being I've been wanting to post but havn't been able to figure out how so I figured I'd start here. I do have some questions about my new truck and I'm hoping that after I post this I'll be able to post them or someone can tell me how to post em.

Torch

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Visit the CUCV Forum, read the stickies, download the free repair manuals and sit back and enjoy the ride.

Just go to the proper forum and click the "Post New Thread" button.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would have never considered Selkirk, Upstate NY! rofl

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just how I think, I guess.

I once tried to help a delivery truck that was looking for a "local" address. He left NYC and went to "selkirk state park". Unfortunately he came here to my area(eastern end of Lake Ontario) to a local area called Selkirk. Wow was he upset!

vtdeucedriver

I consider upstate PLATTSBURGH......I guess some consider Albany as upstate. What do I know Im from Vermont and that's near Washington.

Torch

Yeah Plattsburgh is DEFINITELY upstate. I'm looking at possibly moving to New Hampshire or Vermont but I'm kinda leaning towards New Hampshire. My only real problem for me tho is the cold weather. Being I have hardware in my back & I'm tore up from the floor up the cold really affects me. BUT being my parents live in NYC and are elderly they rely on me being near so that's why I'm up here to begin with.

Torch

Yea, I'm considering AZ but until my parents pass I just have to make the best of it. As it is I just found out my dad tripped & broke his kneecap over the weekend.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site Torch, keep reading the TMs on your truck and you will figure it out, its all fairly basic stuff! I will be in Albany NY next month picking up a new Unimog! Good luck and feel free to ask questions after you have looked the TMs over!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks