• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from VA

WoundedVet

New member from VA but a longtime lurker.. I've became infatuated with bobbed deuces and I'm trying to learn all that I can. I'm a disabled vet, having been wounded during combat operations in Iraq back in 2005. Looking to pick up this up as a hobby.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi there New Guy!

I gotta warn ya, this hobby is highly addictive. Hopefully you live in an area where your collection can grow. These trucks take up a lot of space!

Welcome and enjoy!

Rick

Custer

Welcome to the site. Quite a wealth of knowledge on here! With some sarcasm and humor thrown in make it a great site.
And thank you for your service sir!
Enjoy the addiction.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
New member from VA but a longtime lurker.. I've became infatuated with bobbed deuces and I'm trying to learn all that I can. I'm a disabled vet, having been wounded during combat operations in Iraq back in 2005. Looking to pick up this up as a hobby.
If you're close in to DC, owning a large MV, even a bobber, could be problematic. Check very carefully to see what zoning ordinances, HOA restrictions, etc. are in place where you are BEFORE you make a purchase. Life will be much easier, and more pleasant if you do. Analogy, would you deliberately drive an unarmored HMMWV on a road with known IED's, or take an MRAP instead?

PS. I lived in Alexandria 40+ years ago during my active duty days.

WoundedVet

I'm way out in the 'burbs. DC is just an easier explanation when people ask where I live. I'm lucky enough to have the space to keep and maintain a mil-truck.

Another Ahab

Welcome WoundedVet. Happy to have you on-board! I'm partial to the unadulterated Deuce, myself. Don't know much about Bobbing them, but plenty others here do, so dig in.

I'm here in Alexandria around the corner, and glad to connect with you whenever it strikes you.

WoundedVet

Welcome WoundedVet. Happy to have you on-board! I'm partial to the unadulterated Deuce, myself. Don't know much about Bobbing them, but plenty others here do, so dig in. I'm here in Alexandria around the corner, and glad to connect with you whenever it strikes you.
The more I'm reading, the more I might not even want to bob one :) Thanks all, I appreciate the warm welcome.