• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from VA

whatsagoodalias

Hey SS members, I'm a MV newbie from Virginia Beach, VA. Just bought myself an 85 M1008A1 with 28,000 miles. Mechanically it seems exceptionally clean, just suffered the same fate as most other M1008's, an overzealous forklift operator at loadout. I have the caved door and bent driveshaft. Just got my rear driveshaft back from the driveline shop with a new tube and fresh u-joints. This site has already been a real asset to me and I look forward to building a rapport with fellow members. Ah, on a side note I kind of hit the lottery on my purchase. My buddy bought a M1008 for the Dana 60 and Corporate 14 and said I can have the rest. Haha, I ended up with 1 3/4 CUCV's for the price of one. Pictures soon to come.

p3amea6

Howdy from NC outer Banks I allso have aM1008 in great condition . I have been looking for some MV owners in the area so we can meet . :grd:

Bobbed4x4

Banned
Welcome. I'm fairly new here myself. Got a deuce (bobbed) and already wanting a M1028 with some 38 inch XL's and another deuce non bobbed with singled out 46's, and a 5 ton, and..... and... lol

whatsagoodalias

Bobbed, I agree 100%. When you go roaming the forums around here, the want and gimme-gimme list just keeps on growing. Shoot, I'm half tempted to get a M1009 to keep the M1008 company in the driveway!

Bobbed4x4

Banned
Yeah! So you see what I mean then lol. That, and when the weather's nice you could take the top off the 1009 and enjoy a nice open air drive,..... I need one for winter, one for summer, one for mud, one for cruising on the highway, one for hauling, one for baja'ing.... I think you see where this is going ... lol