• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from WI

tsk

Morning people! I saw an article about the HMMWV sales and have always like these things. Then I searched around and found this forum.

I'm strongly considering getting an HMMWV if I can keep it hidden from the wife :) to tool around the land and stuff like that. Hoping to find out lots of good stuff here and hang out.

RETSPEC5

Hello TSK.
Well your in the right place. Lots of info here.

Good luck in your quest.
RetSpec5

Last edited by a moderator:

Roaddog58

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tell her its for her? Don't she remember asking for one? ps welcome from north east Ohio, home to 2ft of partly cloudy.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You do realize that there is a Federal Government restriction of off road use only on HMMWVs being sold now.

Read the stickies in the HMMWV forum about titling.

6x6guy

Word of warning - due your research before you purchase - some states will not allow you or give you a on road vehicle title / check with the appropriate state agency. In Illinois the state police has been briefed about ( and has access of released vehicle vin numbers from the government that will not be titled with on road titles). You can own them but not allowed to use the public supported roads - you are allowed to drive it on private property and must be trailered, and the stste police have been advised to look for altered and non- registered Hummers - and have to authority to impound these vehicles permentely. So buyer be ware.

AZK9

This is a great place to find the info you'll need to know about any MV you might be interested in getting.

Welcome from Arizona! [thumbzup]

tsk

Thanks guys. I already read all the stickies about on-road/off-road and am fine with it off-road. I'd be happy using it as a glorified Gator to tool around my land with and hopefully get a winch to rip down/up anything I need.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks