• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy- Have Questions On A M345

RS Fabrication

Hello All,
My name is Ryan. I just started my own welding company and have come across the following trailer for a very reasonable trade deal. It's a M345. I have a few questions about it if anyone knows. I own a Chevy 3500 service truck which I don't think would be able to tow it. I might get a bigger truck or flip the trailer.
1. Can it be converted to electric brakes.
2. I'm assuming it's a 24V system so is it easy to convert to 12V.
3. Does this trailer have any downfalls.
4. What is the current market for these? Are they desirable?

Well thanks in advance for any advice and I'll have many more questions about other stuff in the future!

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello All,
My name is Ryan. I just started my own welding company and have come across the following trailer for a very reasonable trade deal. It's a M345. I have a few questions about it if anyone knows. I own a Chevy 3500 service truck which I don't think would be able to tow it. I might get a bigger truck or flip the trailer.
1. Can it be converted to electric brakes.
2. I'm assuming it's a 24V system so is it easy to convert to 12V.
3. Does this trailer have any downfalls.
4. What is the current market for these? Are they desirable?

Well thanks in advance for any advice and I'll have many more questions about other stuff in the future!
I don't know the current market value for this trailer.
It is a heavy trailer and high off the ground for most practical purposes. Over 11,000 lbs empty weight.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was used to carry attachments (clamshell bucket, dragline bucket, shovel attachment) behind lattice boom truck cranes. Compared to a gooseneck trailer, it is of limited use.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
air over hydraulic brakes. It can be converted but probably expensive.

Not sure if it will help but the m1061 and xm1073 are lighter. Not sure if they would work for you but are out there reasonable.

Last edited: