• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy here. Pics of my Deuce

Mike O

Been lurking here for awhile and finding a lot of great tech tips on keeping my truck rolling. My Deuce is a 1967 Kaiser M35A2 with an LDT465-1C engine. I bought it at a local auction about 7 years ago. Opening bid was $1500 and I was the only bidder. The truck also came with an M105A2 trailer which was a nice bonus! I've been driving the truck regularly since I got it and really enjoy it. I've done some repairs on it as needed. Oddly enough, it came equipped with a sprag T-case which I found out, the first time it snowed, would not engage the front axle. Bought a used air shift case from a salvage yard near Ft. Lewis for $150 and swapped it in. Now I have a true 6x6! I changed the oil and filters, replaced both of the front windshields, rebuilt the air-pack, replaced the knuckle boots, wheel seals and changed all the fluids. Next on my list is having the radiator rebuilt and replacing all the belts and hoses. I also have a new clutch assembly since the old one started slipping a bit when I had it chained up in six wheel drive last winter. I have all the side boards with troop seats but need to get some cargo bows and a cover to make it complete. Here's some pics.

Attachments

Mike O

Thanks for the welcome guys. Yes, the price was too good to pass up. I'd been looking at GL for at least a year but never took the plunge. Ft. Lewis is a few hours away but most of the trucks I was interested in were in the southern states. Too far away. This one was owned by the state of WA and then sold to the port authority here in Friday Harbor. Their intention was to make a dump truck out of it but that never happened. They installed a new cab top, new batteries and bought three sets of brand new tire chains from NAPA (never used, new in the bags). After that, it just sat outside and was run through the 4th of July parade for a couple of years. They tried to auction it starting at $2000 a couple of months before but got no bids. It was even listed in the local paper, don't know how I missed it the first time! If it had been on the mainland, I'm sure it would have gone for more. Mostly older retired people and hippies on this island so not much interest in a big, noisy, scary looking truck. I actually had to pay $1 for the trailer as the port director said they weren't allowed to give things away for nothing. I also got all the TMs and gov't maintenance records with it. By the bumper codes, I believe it came from the Oregon National Guard. Thanks again for the welcome and the compliments on my truck.

turbovr6jetta

Welcome glad to see someone reasonably close to me. I used to love friday harbor when I was a kid. You sure did get a smoking deal on that little gem. I would have bought 4 of them without even thinking about it.