• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy here!

Mello

So, stumbled across this site while doing some research before I pull the trigger on a CUCV. **** of a forum y'all got here! Lots of great info.

Currently im looking around for a CUCV, was originally looking at a M1008 thats been restored, sitting on the 37's and H1 wheels, but, decided im going to get a M1028 that's just down the road from me in stock form for pretty cheap. I figure I'd rather start from scratch with it instead of getting one thats already had some money put into it. Plan on doing the 36" goodyears, the H1 8-bolts, and some spacers with some trimming. I don't plan on doing much hardcore off-roading, just mainly riding trails as often as I can and camping and what-not. Should be fun times!

Enough about that, little more about me. Well, I live in central Texas. I just recently started up a car audio business, been wrenching since i could pick one up, off-roading while in High School and kinda stopped for several years. Recently went to an ORP near me and got the bug again. Been a professional photographer for years, lately been doing more and more video though.

Anywho, hope to join the CUCV crowd very very soon!

Thanks,
Brad

Mello

Hello Mello... sorry I had to.

Warm (well as warm as it can be right now) welcome from Canada
I see your a MILSIM guy, me too!! Play regularly on a pretty established team down here! Amongst the team is a super nice Pinz, and an old mail Jeep we've turned into a Combat Vehicle with pintle mount on top for several different LMG's.

Gonna be a nice sunny 61 degrees today! Haha, thanks for the warm welcome guys! I'll definitally post some pics and possibly start a build thread on it once I get her in my hands!

kawkev

Welcome from Mississippi. Lots of stuff here for all. Be sure to check out the TMs. Learn all about your CUCV you can. Have fun.

Mello

Been reading up on a lot of stuff. Thankfully when I checked out the truck today, I knew what to look for! Also, it's already been converted to 12v which is fine by me, has new ACDelco GP's in it and also a whole set of brand new ones that will go with the truck. All the lights and turn signals are new, blackouts new as well. Just needs a dash pad. Sadly someone down the line had cut holes in the doors for speakers, but, I planned on putting some in it anyway. Hopefully gonna have it this weekend! Then, parts parts parts!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks