• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy here.

helomech

Going to pick up my m923a2 5 ton today. Won the auction for it on ebay on Sunday and finally got away from work to get it. It also comes with a M105a2 trailer. Hope to learn a lot from this forum.

tcruwithme

Congratulations on your auction win. I'd like to get a 5-ton truck someday as well. Yes, you will learn a lot from this forum. I'm only two years into owning a M35A2C, and the Steel Soldiers community has been a great resource. I wish I spent a year reading this forum before I bought my truck.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steelsoldiers.

Be sure to download the free technical manuals for your truck. Also review the Operations Manual to learn how to operate your truck.

helomech

Thanks guys, the truck comes with a free digital copy of the TM's. I drove them for years in the Army, but that has been about 20 years ago. The one's I drove in the army where the A1 models.

helomech

Here are some pics of it. It was overhauled in 2008 by the Army, and was released from service this year. It has 600 miles on it since overhaul. Guy said it has no leaks, and everything works perfectly.

truck4.jpgtruck1.jpgtruck2.jpgtruck3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

tbar123

One thing that cracks me up is how different the hours/miles vary. My truck which is older, has twice the hours but half the miles. I agree that is one good looking truck and trailer.

helomech

I think it has to do with convoy and off road time vs hwy miles. High miles with low hours would be one that did not do a lot of convoys or off road.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Truck gauges get swapped out all the time. No telling if yours are original or not. No maintenance records like aircraft. Is your user ID correct that you are a helicopter mechanic?

helomech

Thank you. Most of my family has served. My wife was also a helicopter mechanic she worked on Cobras and that is how we met. My oldest son is in the Air Force at Wichita Kansas, and my youngest son plans to join the Air Force as soon as he graduates.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
:tigger:

Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Academy.:cookoo:

I'd tell to run now while you still had a chance but you've already indulged in the "gateway truck" of military vehicle addiction.

Cut up your credit cards and give the checkbook to a responsible adult. If you go to a military vehicle rally only carry enough cash to eat on. The pushers are everywhere. They will enable your addiction and grease the skids on the hand basket you ride to the depths of MV depravity.
Don't say you weren't warned.

helomech

Thanks, I already have more toys than I should. Guns are my main addiction.

Weather is horrible here, and we are about to leave to go and get the truck. It is 87 miles away, so it will take us probably 4 hours to get there check it out and get back.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Kentucky, you think firearms are addictive, these MVs and equipment are just as bad. The cool thing is you can put all your guns in a 5 ton.
-plus you got the 105 to carry the ammo. Next is a genset, then tent, ......
have fun
JC

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats! All these guys are right, you can't have just one.... But considering the new price of a car, I got all mine for about that price. Bargain IMO.

helomech

Thanks guys, I paid 9k for both the truck and the trailer. Hope I did okay. I got it home, road trip was uneventful so that was good. It really likes 55 but if your leg is up for it, it will do 65. Only issue I see is the brake lights are not working, going to look into that when I get back from my little vacation.