• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy in Garner, NC

Cycleman1979

Hello all,

Just dove in blind and foolishly with an auction vehicle. '72 M813 that belonged to a rural fire department before a tree fell on the hood. Now that I've committed to the madness, I reckon I'll start reading up on all the mistakes I've made and am about to make. From what I can tell, you guys have a sickness and I'm excited to be a part of it!

Mike

FrankUSMC

Welcome from the coast of NC (Newport, beside Morehead City). Military vehicle collector since the mid 1970s. Have mainly WWII vehicles here, stop by on your next run to the coast.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

Cycleman1979

Welcome from Cape Cod, MA. Good luck with the new truck. Lots of good info/parts here. Pictures when you can please!
Thanks for the welcome! I tried to post some pics from the auction site with my original post. It would appear they didn't convey. I'm sure there is a thread about how to use the forum that includes picture posting instructions. I'll get around to reading that shortly and try to post a few up afterward. When in doubt - read the instructions...
M813-2.jpgM813-3.jpgM813.jpg

Instructions followed. Now to go read up on some threads about painting!

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's more than fixable.

consider keeping the reflective striping, at least on the rear, if you paint it camo. (or take it off and put on new stuff)

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial

Cycleman1979

Picked it up yesterday evening and drove it 120 problem free miles home. Dang if it didn't have a full tank of fuel, brand new tires - they were even aired up properly. Had new batteries in case they were needed and they were. One thing of concern - the low pressure buzzer is disabled. It built and held pressure without any problems, but that is still a little nerve wracking. Cruised at about 55 and 2,000 rpm with no issues. Lights all work fine, heater kept me toasty. I couldn't be any more pleased so far.
M813 Home.jpg She's Home!

Lukes_deuce

Welcome from NY. She looks to be well taken care of. Nothing a new hood and some body work cant fix. Looks like you have a drop side bed as well. Nice score on an M813, they are pretty rare! Good luck with the green disease!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks