• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy in KC w dumb questions

Lust4GreenSteel

New guy in Kansas City. I am in my very late 60s. Haven't thought much about military vehicles since basic and infantry training back in the 60s. Now, I have developed an irrational urge to own some sort of Deuce. How do I cure this affliction?

If there is no cure, how does one locate folks in this general vicinity who have a similar problem? I tried the map location function, but it seems disabled. Does it work for others or is that problem universal?

I have lurked for a week or so, so I realize that this may fall under the category of "dumb thread". Sorry. :confused:

onegmjack

Welcome you are in the right place.Look in the classified ads at the top and maybe you will find a military vehicle close to your area.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
You have arrived at your mid'life crisis in your late 60's. You shall live to 138 years old. How do I know this? See avatar.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard. Yeah, the map is broken. Hang out for a while, the KC MO folks will chime in.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There are a bunch of us around here, I am on the Ks side, DeSoto there are a couple guys over on your side. I turned the big six O this year, still drive and work on them. As I found out yesterday a little more knackered after changing a 1100X20 on the duce ! Come on out and take mine for a spin, oh and bring plugs or muffs for your ears.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Come on out and take mine for a spin, oh and bring plugs of muffs.
Welcome to the site, watch your grammar!

I think he just invited you for a muff drive...:p

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, welcome aboard and San Francisco Dave the Beef King will help you out.

91W350

If you ever find yourself lost in Salina, you can take one of mine out for a day's drive. If you still want one after that, then you are addicted for sure!

Lust4GreenSteel

Thanks for the welcome messages

Hmmm, muff diving - something else I hadn't thought of recently:-(

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I am encouraged to know that there are several in this area with vehicles and experience. At the moment, I have neither. On the surface, it appears that acquiring a vehicle will be pretty simple (just a function of economics), but acquiring the experience could be another matter. But since the vehicle will be primarily a toy, it can wait until I learn what to do to keep it happy.

Would turning off my hearing aids eliminate the need for the plugs or muffs ;)

dmetalmiki

welcome to the addiction...I left 60 way back and still the maintenance on my trucks and absalutely love driving them. Viz. This holliday weekend I took my M62 wrecker to a local event. and took the alternate route through the town..just to hear the turbo and get the waves from people.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy.

The only time you're too old to enjoy the Green Iron Addiction is when they're throwing dirt on your casket (that was delivered to the cemetery by a flag adorned deuce).

If any of the guys in your area hold a rally make sure you attend......a good way to get immersed in the madness and meet some of the craz..........errrrr..............colorful characters that hang out here.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Sucks to be you, you will probably have to move to own a deuce if your in a neighborhood with a HOA. Some are not bad, but others are a nightmare.

Aswayze

I am in Kansas City (although I am up in Winnepeg Manitoba right this moment). Both FlyingVan911 and I are both pretty close by with both of us living towards the center of the city. We're not only deuce owners but also general tinkerers so we're always working on some vehicle or another. You are certainly welcome to stop by some time and take my deuce out for a spin as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks