• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new guy in northern Cuba, I mean south Florida

67caprice427

Recruit Hank reporting for duty. I'm a north Florida fella stuck down here in Lake Worth for the foreseeable future. I'm a total noob when it comes to diesels, but have 30+ yrs. playing with old muscle cars and I'm ready for a change. What are the "trouble spots" I need to be looking for, when I'm searching for a likely candidate to purchase? Specifically under the hood stuff- everything else seems to be normal civilian gas vehicle components. I drove one several years ago and it seemed to run good, but it didn't push me in the seat like a good big block does. What mods would ya'll recommend to perk up that little 6.2 ?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recruit Hank reporting for duty. I'm a north Florida fella stuck down here in Lake Worth for the foreseeable future. I'm a total noob when it comes to diesels, but have 30+ yrs. playing with old muscle cars and I'm ready for a change. What are the "trouble spots" I need to be looking for, when I'm searching for a likely candidate to purchase? Specifically under the hood stuff- everything else seems to be normal civilian gas vehicle components. I drove one several years ago and it seemed to run good, but it didn't push me in the seat like a good big block does. What mods would ya'll recommend to perk up that little 6.2 ?

A civilian truck

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
[/COLOR]
A civilian truck
got one- daily driver with a 454 in it and a spare 454 built and sitting on a stand
I kinda wanted to try the diesel way first.....................
Military trucks are slow by design , they are what they are. It's not how fast you get there with a military truck , it's looking cool on the way.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from South West Cuba.

My introduction to the 6.2 was when a neighbor showed me his civvy C30 some 15 years ago. He had lowered the compression, fitted a turbo and turned up the fuel. That truck would pull! Prolly not enough to blow air under your kilt, but for an old tired and cheap diesel, it would go.

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks